Mousasi vs Shogun in their prime?

Kriegsboy

I’m the greatest!
@Yellow
Reaction score
This is the fight I'd love to watch.Even a rematch.Dont know why it never happened.Im going with Shogun by decision.FIGHT OF THE MILLENIUM.Ten years too late though.Who do you got?

I like both

Shogun would smash him

Shogun by murder.
eb8.jpg

Knee issues Shogun > Prime Machida > Old 185lb Machida > Gegard Mousasi

Therefore Prime Shogun obliterates prime Mousasi

PRIDE Shogoon by GNP TKO

love Gegard but hed get taken down and splattered on the guround by arguably the 2nd most terrifying GNP ever behind Fedor

Mousasi is more technical, but his lack of urgency has been his Achilles heel. This same lack of urgency would be his demise against the tornado of violence that was prime Shogun.

Mousasi smashes Shogun all day

Shogun would get him with those low kicks. He might be able to take Moose down too.

It would be a very close fight with Rua probably winning in the end, he'd simply be more active and land more overall. Mousasi would box him up bad and try to give as much as he'd take, but Rua's chin was so good back then nothing would stop him, he'd simply continue kicks, knees in the clinch and go for takedowns, it would also be a BJJ/GnP war on the ground. Ultimately, the difference would be Rua having more control because of his underrated takedowns.

Back