Joe Duffy vs Conor Mcgregor in a boxing match. Who wins?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'd actually be more interested in seeing this boxing match than Conor/Floyd.

Stats:

Joe Duffy Conor Mcgregor
Age 29 28
Height 5'10 5'9
Reach 73.0 74.0
Box. Rec 7-0 0-0
Who would take it in a 10 rounder?

Duffy considering his Amy record .

giphy.gif

Conor broke his nose the first exchange, Duffy panic wrestled and admitted later he was stunned and would probably lose if the fight stayed on the feet a little longer

Conor broke his nose the first exchange, Duffy panic wrestled and admitted later he was stunned and would probably lose if the fight stayed on the feet a little longer

That was before Duffy took a break from MMA to focus solely on boxing. Totally different fighter now.

Duffy beats him in boxing too. He already Gazelle'd Conor in MMA.

Honestly it would be really close. Conor has the power and speed but Duffy has spent more time in pure boxing.

Conor might win a majority decision like against Nate. But I could also see Duffy wearing him down.

I say Conor by Majority Decision.

Hmmmm. Conor by decision. I don't know. He's figthing Floyd Mayweather and I'm not even sure he can beat Joe Duffy. Wow.

From what I've seen, Duffy looks the better boxer In a traditional Sense. He moves like a boxer. He has good head movement and footwork .

Conor is straight up and stiff as a bored. No head movement at all.

Conor is a good puncher though
Obviously. He is accurate too .
In a straight up boxing match id pick joe.

The real loser of this fight would be conor and floyd's pay day

Now that is a match that makes sense! Duffy would be more on his level. It would be pretty competitive. I can see Conor getting it by Majority decision. Duffy does well with low guarded people though so he can take it too. Plus Duffy is a pretty big dude.

I'd Mcgregor by Majority but it could go either way

Come up with something original, all Conor fanboys say the exact same thing in every hypothetical match.
Come up with something original, all Conor haters say the exact same thing in every hypothetical match.

Duffy.

Better pure boxer and Conor's power would be greatly diminished in boxing gloves.

I also think Duffy's boxing would give Conor huge problems in an MMA fight too.

Honestly it would be really close. Conor has the power and speed but Duffy has spent more time in pure boxing.

Conor might win a majority decision like against Nate. But I could also see Duffy wearing him down.

I say Conor by Majority Decision.

I don't watch Duffy at all, but he doesn't seem like he's KOing people even with his better boxing. Conor is doing it with supposedly inferior skills though. They're both MMA fighters, with one hsving actual boxing experience. Yet Conor's the one with highlight reel punches. Imo Joe is a BJJ fighter who went to boxing not because he was good with his hands, but for the money (which he admitted to (

If Duffy was better than Conor at both grappeling and boxing, he'd be a UFC champ. In real life, he lost to Poirier and McGregor would chew him up in a straight, standup match.

Back