For the people who say jones performance against osp was unimpressive and lackluster .

MURICA1776

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What do you guys have to say about dc decisioning a 41 year old Anderson Silva who fought up in weight on 1 days notice?

What do you guys have to say about dc decisioning a 41 year old Anderson Silva who fought up in weight on 1 days notice?

That's when happens when you get a fight you trained extensively for yanked right before you, and then you accept the fight and have to change up your approach.

Both guys fought careful and looked for the easiest path to victory.

Does that answer your question?

DC looked like absolute trash in the Anderson fight.
Yea he did . I just question why people give jones so much shit foe his fight with osp when dc couldn't eb
That's when happens when you get a fight you trained extensively for yanked right before you, and then you accept the fight and have to change up your approach.

Dc had a full training camp and outweighs him by a good 35 pounds. His performance was pathetic

Careful? Speak for Cormier, not for Silva.

I feel weird now, because I love Cormier and I don't like Silva.

But, yeah, Silva actually tried to finish the fight. And he almost did, with that amazing body kick.

Cormier just wanted to wrestle that night....

I'd say DC didn't really want to fight Anderson, he just accepted to get his paycheck, and it showed.

Yea he did . I just question why people give jones so much shit foe his fight with osp when dc couldn't eb

Dc had a full training camp and outweighs him by a good 35 pounds. His performance was pathetic

Careful? Speak for Cormier, not for Silva.

I feel weird now, because I love Cormier and I don't like Silva.

But, yeah, Silva actually tried to finish the fight. And he almost did, with that amazing body kick.

Cormier just wanted to wrestle that night....

^^ So, yall still don't get it? When I said both guys I meant Jones and Cormier not Cormier and Silva.

Silva had absolutely nothing to lose. Cormier had everything to lose.

A fight is a fight... DC and Jones came out on top.

Silva should have been the dream fight for Cormier. A guy with no wrestling and way past his prime.

#GoatBonesJones

OSP tried to avoid the fight the whole time.

DC looked awful. But I also think DC seemed incredibly dejected by losing the Jones fight 3 days before the event. And then getting Anderson as a replacement on less than 2 days' notice, DC was obviously just trying to get through the fight as carefully as possible. And even though Anderson was old, he was still looked at as being dangerous, because he's Anderson Silva. It was really a no-win situation, as demonstrated by all the love Anderson got after losing.

Jones, on the other hand, had more than 3 weeks to get over the fact that DC got injured. And OSP didn't have the same "danger factor" as Anderson. Jones just looked confused when confronted with an opponent who has comparable height and reach, similar to how he looked against Gus.

My impression was that Cormier was going pretty easy with Silva. If he wanted to, i'm sure he could've finish him.

My impression was that Cormier was going pretty easy with Silva. If he wanted to, i'm sure he could've finish him.

DC was trying his hardest to end the fight. Anderson essentially neutralized everything and came close to finishing the fight in Round 3.

And this is off-the-couch flabby Anderson we are talking about just to put things into perspective.

DC was trying his hardest to end the fight. Anderson essentially neutralized everything and came close to finishing the fight in Round 3.

And this is off-the-couch flabby Anderson we are talking about just to put things into perspective.
Exactly. Dc outweighed him by 30 to 35 pounds and still couldn't finish him

What do I say? He got 2 10-8 rounds against the supposed GOAT. He dominated.

How is that comparable to going 5 rounds against a guy offering virtually zero offense?

What do I say? He got 2 10-8 rounds against the supposed GOAT. He dominated.

How is that comparable to going 5 rounds against a guy offering virtually zero offense?
He decisioned a 41 year old middleweight who took the fight on 1 day notice. Yup impressive

Anderson moving up in weight class + short notice was outstriking DC so badly.

Both fighters played it extremely safe. Oh and Jones still broke OSP's arm.

Back