UFC 213 Main Event

aalovski

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
How has a main event not been picked yet? And is Cody definitely out?

Seems like a lot is up in the air for this card...I have been watching the UFC ever since I was 10 years old going to West Coast video store renting UFC 1 and 2 on vhs...and this is the first card I will be attending live.

Hope this thing doesn't fizzle even though the card right now at least looks stacked.

I'm sure there will be a last minute "Mega" announcement.

Maybe Dillashaw vs Mighty Mouse?

Unless DJ...

giphy.gif

Maybe Dillashaw vs Mighty Mouse?

Doubt it. They will want him to go for the record against a 'true' flyweight. Borg will probably miss weight though. I don't think DJ wants to fight TJ anyway lol

Cody is 100% out.

I don't think we can rule out them having Nunes headline it.

They've had her headline two other large cards (both with huge co-headline help).

Cody is 100% out.

I don't think we can rule out them having Nunes headline it.

They've had her headline two other large cards (both with huge co-headline help).
Nunes vs Valentina would be a headliner on an FS1 card. Not a good idea for PPV. I could see it being co but not main.

For the big marquis July shows, they probably need two title fights. They have two that could be likely - Woodley vs Maia, or Romero vs Whittaker for the interim belt. Although, Lawler vs Cerrone is a pretty awesome co-main, I wish it was five rounds on a Fox card.

A long shot would be JJ vs Rose, but I don't know if they'd make that fight so soon.

Doubt it. They will want him to go for the record against a 'true' flyweight. Borg will probably miss weight though. I don't think DJ wants to fight TJ anyway lol
Probably that and the fact that TJ will likely enter James Irvin territory if he tries to make 125

hqdefault.jpg

DillashawMandelSherdog.jpg

They're working on Nate Diaz/T-Ferg for interim LW title but their at stand still with both guys asking price. Ferg wants close to Nate but I don't think WME is budging with a near million for him taking this fight.

Also rumblings about DJ/TJ for this card as others have eluded to but that's a LONG shot

- Joanna vs. Namajunas
- Woodley vs. Maia
- Ferguson vs. Diaz
- Bisping vs. Romero
- Romero vs. Whitaker
Outside shot of
- Bisping vs. Silva 2

And rumblings about DJ/TJ for this card as others have eluded to but that's a LONG shot

Pretty much confirmed that DJ's next fight will be in August in his homestate. I believe the plan was Ray Borg but they may be looking at alternate plans now since TJ butted in.

Don't be surprised if Nunes Shevchenko and Cerrone Lawler ends up as main and co main. Not to mention they have another big card to fill in the same month

Don't be surprised if Nunes Shevchenko and Cerrone Lawler ends up as main and co main. Not to mention they have another big card to fill in the same month

I'm counting on it if they don't announce something by the end of the week.

Amanda Nunes headlining two consecutive Int'l Fight Week PPVs and the NYE show.

hqdefault.jpg

Back