Why are we Sherdoggers condoning what Cyborg did to Magana?

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Talk shit, get hit!”

“Magana deserved it!”

“I’m a bigger Cyborg fan now!”

Really Sherbros? How the fuck do you people behave everyday at work/school/home? If two adults have an issue with each other they talk it out. Or just simply avoid them. Not have a fucking MMA fight in public.

This is why the general public thinks we MMA fans are just a group of uncivilized low IQ goons.

Didn't several witnesses say Magana initiated first?

I definitely don't condone attacking someone who talks about someone else, but at the same time I sure as hell don't feel bad for someone who talks crap and gets hit.

Playing with fire just might burn you.

Lots of people concerned with looking tough on an online forum.

Part of being an adult is having the self restraint not to attack people who provoke you.

Last edited:
Because it was the right thing to do given the circumstances.

Also, did anyone catch her nudes that got leaked onto the Fappening recently? Seems her and Bec have been hitting up the same plastic surgeon.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle. In general, almost every problem can be solved without violence, especially when it is simply a matter of petty insults. However, there are times where someone pushes well beyond the bounds of what is accepted and eats a punch. I don't think it is the end of the world.

Taken to extremes, both positions are unreasonable imo. Talk shit, get hit is a doctrine akin to might makes right and it's not a great way to run things overall. The strong can do what they want, and everyone else needs to put up with it. But the idea that people can run their mouths and never face consequences is just as bad.

Legally, Cyborg was wrong to smack Magana, but it is easy to see how Magana's behavior is a big mitigating factor. This is much less bad than if Cyborg just started randomly punching people.

It's not just mma, it's all sports. In basketball and football, people are usually relieved when disputes are settled with fists and not guns.

Didn't several witnesses say Magana initiated first?

I definitely don't condone attacking someone who talks about someone else, but at the same time I sure as hell don't feel bad for someone who talks crap and gets hit.

Playing with fire just might burn you.
Wow didn't know Magana initiated first. She probably thought she could hide behind the "it's a prank bro" bullshit.

What a pathetic childish moron.

You're a wimp.

LOL

Bravo Cyborg!

It seems that some of the ultra tough Sherdog keyboard warriors believe physical violence is perfectly justified when someone says something mean to you online and hurts your precious fee-fees.

Apparently they never matured beyond the age of 12.

Talk shit get hit

Angela Magana? Cyborg is picking on Strawweights now?

OP is surprised that fighters deal with there problems with violence.

I don't see a problem with what Cyborg did considering the circumstance surrounding it. It's not like she shot her. And there both professional fighters. Cyborg didn't jump a waitress.

Beta crybabies. Get over it.

Last edited:
“Talk shit, get hit!”

“Magana deserved it!”

“I’m a bigger Cyborg fan now!”

Really Sherbros? How the fuck do you people behave everyday at work/school/home? If two adults have an issue with each other they talk it out. Or just simply avoid them. Not have a fucking MMA fight in public.

This is why the general public thinks we MMA fans are just a group of uncivilized low IQ goons.

What would ice hockey be without those lovable goons??
Let goons bang, bro.

It's the Jim Rome Rule

everett.jpg

I don't know what happened.
I just read that Magana made fun of Cyborg visiting a hospital for cancer patients... a hospital where Cyborg's father is getting treated.

Obviously if you take into account her father being treated for cancer, it is not a good place for anyone to make fun of.

It doesn't, of course, excuse Cyborg from punching her. Although they are fighters, this should not be how they resolve their issues.
But I can see how it must have been overwhelming to see her at the retreat.
If Michael Chiesa lost his temper after Kevin Lee's comment, obviously this is one step further by Magana...

though UFC should have been aware they have that many fighters in one place....

edit: here's the tweet that set her off:

Last edited:
It was Selfie Defense

Cyborg was helping cancer kids and the other girl took that selfie and desecrated it! At least block out the kid from the selfie if you're gonna make fun

Back