Honestly why would anyone have a problem with Ngannou getting the next titleshot?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Ngannou has a fresh chin and a fresh will. I believe he would beat Stipe if they fought tomorrow.

Last edited:
They shouldn't. But too many retards want to see Cain fight for the belt again.

giphy.gif

I mean, Stipes running out of victims already. Might as well add Ngannou to the list since Cain can't fuckin make it to the Octagon.

It makes the HW division look bad if the no. 1 guy is just KOing everyone in 1 round. Especially if the last 4 or 5 are all athletic looking.

It would be more hype if you let Werdum beat him up and then let Werdum fight Stipe again.

Maybe because he has beaten a bunch of nobodies?

I hope so, just so the hype train can be derailed.

Ngannou had had more fights than a lot of UFC HW champs had when they won the belt so I'd have no problem if he fought Stipe next.
Cain won the title on his 9th fight and regained it on his 12th and has 16 fights so far.
Ngannou's next fight will be his 12th fight.

I'm okay with it. HW sucks dick anyways, they might as well give the chance to somebody new.

He's had 1 minute with Arvloski which anyone from Stipe to Fedor to Rogers to Datsik have had. You should check the fight history of Hamilton, Luis, Bojan & Curtis Blaydes. They are fighting other cans and losing half the fights. People lower than Shawn Jordan guy (who crescent kicked Black Beast).

Jordan, Beast, Mitrione, Nelson, Hunt would be good fights for him to have. Worst case scenario is he KOs them and he can fight someone else in 6 weeks.

A legit fat guy with a chin and some wrestling.

Took him 10 minutes to cut some can while

Professional record breakdown
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Arlovski
[show]
Res.
Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes
Loss 25–14 (1) Francis Ngannou TKO (punches) UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña January 28, 2017 1 1:32 Denver, Colorado, United States
Loss 25–13 (1) Josh Barnett Submission (rear-naked choke) UFC Fight Night: Arlovski vs. Barnett September 3, 2016 3 2:53 Hamburg, Germany
Loss 25–12 (1) Alistair Overeem TKO (jump-front kick and punches) UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Arlovski May 8, 2016 2 1:12 Rotterdam, Netherlands
Loss 25–11 (1) Stipe Miocic TKO (punches) UFC 195 January 2, 2016 1 0:54 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Ngannou
Win

9–1 Anthony Hamilton (2-2) Submission (kimura) UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Abdurakhimov December 9, 2016 1 1:57 Albany, New York, United States Performance of the Night.
Win 8–1 Bojan Mihajlović (0-1)TKO (punches) UFC on Fox: Holm vs. Shevchenko July 23, 2016 1 1:34 Chicago, Illinois, United States
Win 7–1 Curtis Blaydes TKO (1-2) (doctor stoppage) UFC Fight Night: Rothwell vs. dos Santos April 10, 2016 2 5:00 Zagreb, Croatia

Last edited:
I hope so, just so the hype train can be derailed.
Losing to the HW champ means a guy is no good? Get out of here, the HW division needs exciting, fresh blood.

On topic: it just feels too soon. Ngannou should probably get a couple more fights under his belt, a bit more experience and a bit more time to improve before fighting for the belt. That said, who else is there? Hard to bring him along slowly in today's HW division and with Stipe having knocked the other top guys out in pretty short order.

Give him one more fight and if he wins give him a titleshot.

It should be Cain, but if he's injured as he always seems to be, it has to be the Black Beast or Ngannou

I rather see him or Lewis get the next shot. Cain had his moment and got the push from the UFC already. Time to give other fighters the opportunity.

Fuck it, why not. Be good to see someone new getting a shot.

HW is basically the only div that could justify giving someone a shot just because they are new and exciting, so why not?

You can depend on Ngannou to show up unlike Cain Veglassquez.

Because he's the only great young talent in the division and people don't want him ruined by elevating him too fast?

He's had 1 minute with Arvloski which anyone from Stipe to Fedor to Rogers to Datsik have had. You should check the fight history of Hamilton, Luis, Bojan & Curtis Blaydes. They are fighting other cans and losing half the fights. People lower than Shawn Jordan guy (who crescent kicked Black Beast).

Jordan, Beast, Mitrione, Nelson, Hunt would be good fights for him to have. Worst case scenario is he KOs them and he can fight someone else in 6 weeks.

A legit fat guy with a chin and some wrestling.

Took him 10 minutes to cut some can while

Professional record breakdown
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Arlovski
[show]
Res.
Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes
Loss 25–14 (1) Francis Ngannou TKO (punches) UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña January 28, 2017 1 1:32 Denver, Colorado, United States
Loss 25–13 (1) Josh Barnett Submission (rear-naked choke) UFC Fight Night: Arlovski vs. Barnett September 3, 2016 3 2:53 Hamburg, Germany
Loss 25–12 (1) Alistair Overeem TKO (jump-front kick and punches) UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Arlovski May 8, 2016 2 1:12 Rotterdam, Netherlands
Loss 25–11 (1) Stipe Miocic TKO (punches) UFC 195 January 2, 2016 1 0:54 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Ngannou
Win

9–1 Anthony Hamilton (2-2) Submission (kimura) UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Abdurakhimov December 9, 2016 1 1:57 Albany, New York, United States Performance of the Night.
Win 8–1 Bojan Mihajlović (0-1)TKO (punches) UFC on Fox: Holm vs. Shevchenko July 23, 2016 1 1:34 Chicago, Illinois, United States
Win 7–1 Curtis Blaydes TKO (1-2) (doctor stoppage) UFC Fight Night: Rothwell vs. dos Santos April 10, 2016 2 5:00 Zagreb, Croatia
Blaydes is no can. He is one of the best wrestlers in the division. Yeah Curtis is unproven and is rising up and all that but his wrestling i serious. That's the one thing he excells at and Ngannou shut it down.

Your point overall is that Stipe is more proven and have a better record. Im not disputing that, but do you remember when the #6 Cody destroyed Cruz? You never know when someone might come out with a master class performance when the pressure is on.

Ngannou vs. Miocic is an exciting fight.

Back