Jones could´ve been one of the greatest sports icon of his era....

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Jones could've been one of the greatest sports icons of his era. But he messed it all up.

But the truth is even if you don´t like his personality or the things he does when he is not fighting, nobody can deny his special talent inside the octagon. He´s the best fighter at 205 ever. And he´s only 29.

So, let me ask you guys.... if Jones somehow shows up clean for the DC fight, beats him in dominant fashion again and manages to stay away from trouble from now on, how far do you think he is still able to go?

Does anybody here still beliieve (or want to believe) in a 100% focused Jones reaching his full potential and becoming a dominant champ at LHW again and then moving up to HW and dominating as champ there too?

Does anybody really think that´s possible?
5109043-jon-jones2.jpg

Thoughts?

Pissing hot in your prime is unforgettable.

Great fighter but who was the last guy he finished with poking them in the eye first?
Seriously who was it?

4M5AX_s-200x150.gif
Jon is 29 body preserved from penalty time outs talented with fighting skillz which steroids/peds don't give you. His legacy is still bigger, broader, deeper, than certain fraud champs who call themselves champs but don't defend belts or run from real competition...

In a niche sport and with a ped pop on top of all the other shit?
Nope

The truth is, Jones is a really nice guy. He recognizes how much better he is than DC, and he's knows that DC has never been a champion in anything, so he figured he'd go fuck around with some hookers and blow and let Daniel feel like a champion.

DC, being the ingrate he is, doesn't recognize the kindness JBJ has shown him, and decides to berate him countless times. So now he's going to come back and teach Daniel some respect, and remind him how second place feels.

But, actually, 90% JBJ dominates every fighter in LHW history. He's just that good. We as fans want those athletes to have to give it their all, but sometimes they don't and they still win. The only person stopping Jones is Jones.

I dont think he's hurting 20 milion or so in bank. Better off than Len Bais could have been Micheal Jordan 2.0 if he didnt snort the coke and die. such is life nobody is perfect. Well Lebron is close.

With UFC and MMA in a decline, it probably would not have made a difference. People don't give a shit anymore.

Could
Jones could've been one of the greatest sports icons of his era. But he messed it all up.

But the truth is even if you don´t like his personality or the things he does when he is not fighting, nobody can deny his special talent inside the octagon. He´s the best fighter at 205 ever. And he´s only 29.

So, let me ask you guys.... if Jones somehow shows up clean for the DC fight, beats him in dominant fashion again and manages to stay away from trouble from now on, how far do you think he is still able to go?

Does anybody here still beliieve (or want to believe) in a 100% focused Jones reaching his full potential and becoming a dominant champ at LHW again and then moving up to HW and dominating as champ there too?

Does anybody really think that´s possible?
5109043-jon-jones2.jpg

Thoughts?
Could've been one of the greatest? He still is the best LHW in the world and has beat all current and past champions so.... I don't know where you're question is coming from. Having done this with all his personal issues makes it even more impressive that he has come out on top in the sport. Some MMA fighters have 1/10th of his problems and don't win in competition. His best is at LHW and should stay there, fighting Miocic could be bad for his health among other things.

Too bad he has screwed up so bad outside the ring. He very likely would have gone down as the number 1 greatest, no question, but for the issues outside.

I personally don't care about fighters juicing. I want my fighters juiced to the gills. Truth is though he pissed hot and that will always be part of the discussion

He's likely never fought clean so his legacy is non existent IMO. Had to boil down to LHW and roid to dominate naturally smaller guys. That doesn't sound like an icon to me.

if these concerns are not keeping JBJ awake at night (which im sure that sociopath sleeps like a baby) they shouldn't be keeping you awake

sleep well lad

Besides the cheating/mishaps in and out of the cage I think the big issue is that the destroyer he looked vs Shogun, Bader, Vera really hasn't materialised, he's ended up being a pretty safe point scoring fighter for much of his career. I remember even as a Shogun fan not being too down about the loss because it looked like the birth of a new equally exciting talent.

His fans can try and kid themselves that putting his hand on Cormiers head was the supreme achievement but in reality he won a safe uneventful decision.

jones was a shady person since day 1

being bully by his bigger brothers caused him to have a snitchy underhand personality growing up
then he takes martial arts to get an advantage over more naturally alpha males(his brothers, rampage, more hood black men basically).
once he got to the top and realize he's the alpha fighter around, he proved it to himself with all the defense, the mask starts to come off.
then he tries to save face and gets caught again and agian.

the guy no doubt had the potential, he didnt even have to be a clean cut good guy, just quit being fake shit lying turd

Jon "bad to the bone" Jones

Once a drunk, user, and cheat, always a drinker user and a cheat. Inside and outside of the cage.

Is he even a great fighter. all these wins while juicing negates all that. peds can significantly enhance performance. thats what they do. jones is goat fans conveniently forget this

Hey look i think the guy is slime but anyone wanna see a Gustafson rematch?

I visualize DC winning a narrow decision that may or may not include a point deduction from Jon.

People need to ignore the drama and issues that fighters have outside of the octogan. He is one of the greatest regardless of what he's done in his personal life. If he wants to be an ambassador of the sport and an icon for integrity etc he can do that but I doubt it would be a sincere endeavour.

Back