Why is Condit ranked #4?

Russ82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What has this guy done lately? Look at this last seven fights. His effort against Maia was one of the most pathetic in UFC history. He should be out of the top 10.

Rankings don't matter

I hate to agree to a certain extent, being a big Condit fan. But UFC has let go some relevant WWs lately.

He definitely won the title, though.

His fight with Maia was a testament to how insanely fucking good Maia is, before that he beat the champ Robbie Lawler in a 5 round war (which was one of the worst decisions that I could recall in recent history) and other than that his only losses were to Woodley in a freak injury moment and to GSP and Hendricks.

There's nobody outside of the top 5 in the division who I would favor against Carlos Condit.

His fight with Maia was a testament to how insanely fucking good Maia is, before that he beat the champ Robbie Lawler in a 5 round war (which was one of the worst decisions that I could recall in recent history) and other than that his only losses were to Woodley in a freak injury moment and to GSP and Hendricks.

There's nobody outside of the top 5 in the division who I would favor against Carlos Condit.
I remember watching the Condit/Lawler fight with my brother(who is also a big Condit fan) and despite enduring a nerve-racking final moments of round 5, we were so confident in Condit's win, we jumped up hooting and hollering and gave each other a bro hug.
Obviously you can imagine our dismay when the decision was read. Ruined the night.

I remember watching the Condit/Lawler fight with my brother(who is also a big Condit fan) and despite enduring a nerve-racking final moments of round 5, we were so confident in Condit's win, we jumped up hooting and hollering and gave each other a bro hug.
Obviously you can imagine our dismay when the decision was read. Ruined the night.

I was certain 100% after Condit survived Robbie's typical Round 5 Just BLEEED flurry we would have a new champ. Fook the judges

The UFCs WW division is overrated and one of their worst divisions at the moment.

I was certain 100% after Condit survived Robbie's typical Round 5 Just BLEEED flurry we would have a new champ. Fook the judges
Far more egregious than Lawler/Hendricks 2. My brother and I also do like Lawler(even though we're bigger fans of Condit) but we thought he lost that fight against Hendricks the second time around. We were surprised in that instance too. But totally different situations lol.

What has this guy done lately? Look at this last seven fights. His effort against Maia was one of the most pathetic in UFC history. He should be out of the top 10.
You bring shame on all Russ's... Damn you and your foolishness.
The Natural Born Killer is a bad motherfucker. Show some damn respect!

That fight was SO freaking good. If Robbie hadn't had the epic war with Rory, the Condit/Lawler fight would get talked about a lot more. Hopefully we'll look back on that as the brilliant martial arts display that it was. So much heart from both guys!

Far more egregious than Lawler/Hendricks 2. My brother and I also do like Lawler(even though we're bigger fans of Condit) but we thought he lost that fight against Hendricks the second time around. We were surprised in that instance too. But totally different situations lol.

I had Robbie losing both fights as well. I wasn't mad at the result of the Hendricks rematch though lol

I had Robbie losing both fights as well. I wasn't mad at the result of the Hendricks rematch though lol
Same. I was there live for their first match and was probably the only one going for Robbie in Dallas.

Yeah because Maia is a slouch lmao. Condit has only lost to the best at 170 and even some of those losses were bullshit (Tyrone, Lawler)

What flavor bag of cheetos are you eating right now?

conduit has always had extremely garbage take down defense.

That was one of the worst decisions in the past few years. Having rewatched it knowing the result, there is no way under a 10-point must that Robbie could have won that fight.

It blows me away how people misremember the fight too, accusing Condit of throwing baby kicks for four rounds then Robbie smashing him in the end. In reality for most of the fight Robbie was going backwards and hardly throwing, controlled by Condit's volume, then in the fourth and quite a bit of the fifth Condit was landing hard shots and had Robbie hurt. Robbie only came alive in the last couple of minutes and rallied like a champ, then he hurt Condit badly.
It shouldn't have been enough to win a decision.

That was one of the worst decisions in the past few years. Having rewatched it knowing the result, there is no way under a 10-point must that Robbie could have won that fight.

It blows me away how people misremember the fight too, accusing Condit of throwing baby kicks for four rounds then Robbie smashing him in the end. In reality for most of the fight Robbie was going backwards and hardly throwing, controlled by Condit's volume, then in the fourth and quite a bit of the fifth Condit was landing hard shots and had Robbie hurt. Robbie only came alive in the last couple of minutes and rallied like a champ, then he hurt Condit badly.
It shouldn't have been enough to win a decision.

100% agreed, out of all of the controversial decisions in recent years I feel like this is the most blatant robbery of them all.

It's pretty easy to be a fan of both Robbie and Condit. Both tough bastards that often come on late.

I thought Robbie lost both Hendricks fights, but the second one was not such a huge deal since Hendricks' 'control' of Robbie was just pushing him against the fence, nothing more.

Back