Tyron Woodley will KO Demian Maia in the 1st round

Will Tyron Woodley KO Demian Maia?

• Total voters

Jermei

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Maia hype ends at Tryon Woodley. It's been a nice run for Maia but he won't survive Tyron's striking. Maia is too slow and Tyron's hands are too fast, too accurate and too powerful.

But, Maia only needs one chance to sub Woodley if he gets on him early, as Tyron won't survive Maia's BJJ either but anyways...Tyron Woodley will KO Demian Maia early in the 1st round.
<13>

Kind of funny how both of these guys lost to Rory and Shields who are no longer in the UFC.

I predict Maia has the only chance at a TKO in the first round. Tall strikers have destroyed Woodley in the past.

When I saw this av I thought Wonderboy buts Rory.

nkjVUpN.gif

Yes

But rooting for maia.

You never know with Tyron. He either looks like a great KO artist or completely mediocre on any given night. He might KO Maia, or he might let himself get hugged against the cage or something

Looking forward to seeing Woodley knock him cold, stiff as a board, toes curled and everything.

As much as I would like to see Maia beat Woodley I'm not sure it would happen....Maia depends on the backpack for control and I'm not sure he can do that against Woodley....bad matchup for Maia imo.

man i hate woodley but i dont think maia has a chance here. he's not taking him down and if he tries to close the distance and gets tagged by one of woodley's bombs hes not getting back up

Woodley may not be the striker masvidal is but he hits a hell of a lot harder and if mas was able to land on maia as much as he did this is gonna be a quick fight

Maia is going to pull guard on him if he can't take him down.

This isn't exactly the boldest and most shocking of predictions...

I think it'll be the second round, but I agree the outcome will likely be Maia KTFOed.

Yeah because Maia's always getting KO'd in the first round right? Outside of one dumb move it hasn't happened.

Plus, Woodley is not even close to the toughest opponent Maia has faced. He's far less dangerous than Silva, Weidman, Prime Marquardt, Shields, Woodley, Sonnen, Condit...

Of Woodley's past six fights, he's drawn, got a majority decision, a split decision and a loss. Transition champ at best.

Yes woodley knocks him out and maia wont get him down a single time.

man i hate woodley but i dont think maia has a chance here. he's not taking him down and if he tries to close the distance and gets tagged by one of woodley's bombs hes not getting back up

Woodley may not be the striker masvidal is but he hits a hell of a lot harder and if mas was able to land on maia as much as he did this is gonna be a quick fight

If he doesn't take woodley down, then he'll simply take woodleys back and backpack him.

Yeah because Maia's always getting KO'd in the first round right? Outside of one dumb move it hasn't happened.

Plus, Woodley is not even close to the toughest opponent Maia has faced. He's far less dangerous than Silva, Weidman, Prime Marquardt, Shields, Woodley, Sonnen, Condit...

Of Woodley's past six fights, he's drawn, got a majority decision, a split decision and a loss. Transition champ at best.
I fucking HATE Woodley and think he is a racist POS stirring the pot to get his name out there more. HOWEVER, I also think he is underrated as a fighter and analysis like this leads fans (maybe fighters too?) to underestimate him. Not trying to pick the fight here, but I don't think this is an easy fight for Maia. That being said, War Maia (even though I might go out for a pizza during the fight or at least have a crossword handy).

Back