Why does the UFC have an inferiority complex when it comes to Boxing

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I mean you often hear "Boxing is dying"....."MMA is real fighting blah blah blah" from Dana and other UFC fans

yet their always talking about boxing....Conor and Rousey going after Floyd, Dana always mentioning him

the fact that Jimi Manuwa wants to fight Anthony Joshua in boxing, the fact that Anderson Silva has been going after Roy Jones for year in boxing

the fact that UFC creates videos like this

they somehow have to always reaffirm how a boxer would lose in an MMA match

it just screams of insecurity, how boxers are still making tons of more money then them and getting most of the prestige still

I mean you often hear "Boxing is dying"....."MMA is real fighting blah blah blah" from Dana and other UFC fans

yet their always talking about boxing....Conor and Rousey going after Floyd, Dana always mentioning him

the fact that Jimi Manuwa wants to fight Anthony Joshua in boxing, the fact that Anderson Silva has been going after Roy Jones for year in boxing

it just screams of insecurity, how boxers are still making tons of more money then them and getting most of the prestige still

They should stop callin´ "MMA boxing", boxing.

I, frankly, think that boxing is overrated. Conor McGregor might be the first person to kill a person in the boxing ring in a long time. Floyd Mayweather is gonna get murked.

Because that's where the big money is, boxing is dying though lol.

It has to do with the fact that MMA is a newer sport, doesn't have a long prestigious history like boxing. I've also heard MMA described as more lower or middle-class where boxing was once a sport of the elite. Will probably have that chip on their shoulder for a while even tho MMA kicks boxing's ass imo

MMA was forever tarnished when Ray Mercer came into the sport and KO'd a recent UFC HW champ in seconds. That proved boxing>UFC and MMA fans have been vindictive since.

I find it funny every time Dana shits on boxing and then says "I love boxing" right after.

Why do they ban their commentators from even mentioning the name of any other organisation (like when they bring a 'champ from another organisation) over....

They look super insecure.

There's still much more money in boxing than in MMA, the UFC wants some of it which is why they keep mentioning it, it's not a difficult concept.

I, frankly, think that boxing is overrated. Conor McGregor might be the first person to kill a person in the boxing ring in a long time. Floyd Mayweather is gonna get murked.

lol.gif

You, frankly, are an idiot.

I got two words for you "Art jimmerson"

In boxing theres 2 fights to talk about. Floyd/Mac and GGG/Canelo.

Boxers being the baddest man on the planet died long ago. I would argue boxing feels inferior to MMA.

Top 10 PPV fights of all time are basically Floyd (has top 3-whos retired), Tyson (has 4-whos long retired) and Conor (has 2- whos like 27 .) Brock has 1.

Last edited:
Because they booth are fighting for the same viewers in regards to PPV?

Back