Who should Barboza fight next? Ferguson is the obvious answer.

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
There are not many options at the moment, since some of the top 10 guys either have a fight scheduled (Chiesa, Lee, M.Johnson), just fought recently (Poirier, Alvarez) or are "unavailabe" (Conor, Khabib, Diaz)

The options left at the top 15 that would make sense are:

# 2 Ferguson

# 11 Al Iaquinta

# 15 Trinaldo

They´ve already fought, but Ferguson seems like the obvious answer, and Barboza took the 1st on short notice, so it would be fair to give him a rematch.... and since Barboza is probably 3rd in line for the TS after Ferg and Khabib, they could even make Ferguson vs Barboza for the interim TS (that was gonna happen between Ferg and Khabib.)

Thoughts?

Ferg vs Barboza for the interim LW title should have been announced right after Barboza beat Dariush. I don't know what the hold up is.

Yeah, I don't like when a fight seems to change directions after a foul, and Ferguson had the illegal strike against Barboza and the eye poke against RDA where the fight suddenly swung in his favor right after. Wouldn't mind seeing them do that one again.

Yeah, I don't like when a fight seems to change directions after a foul, and Ferguson had the illegal strike against Barboza and the eye poke against RDA where the fight suddenly swung in his favor right after. Wouldn't mind seeing them do that one again.
Damn.. I said this the other day and the bum said I was trolling!

b lol.gif

Tony v barboza for lw title

Or tony v aldo for lw title if aldo beats Holloway and moves up

Either of these should happen soon since Connor and khabib are out of pic

Works for me but they'll probably make barboza fight raging al because he said mean things about the UFC

I'd like to see him fight James Vick, that fight would be awesome to watch. I know it doesn't make sense in the rankings but I don't know how Gilbert Melendez can hold down the number 14 rank in the lightweight division when he has lost 3 straight fights and is 1-4 in the UFC with his only win coming against an unranked Diego Sanchez. So that shows us how much the rankings are really worth.

I'd like to see him fight James Vick, that fight would be awesome to watch. I know it doesn't make sense in the rankings but I don't know how Gilbert Melendez can hold down the number 14 rank in the lightweight division when he has lost 3 straight fights and is 1-4 in the UFC with his only win coming against an unranked Diego Sanchez. So that shows us how much the rankings are really worth.

He may only be 1-4 but them losses (less & except Pettis) were awesome battles, close losses.

There are not many options at the moment, since some of the top 10 guys either have a fight scheduled (Chiesa, Lee, M.Johnson), just fought recently (Poirier, Alvarez) or are "unavailabe" (Conor, Khabib, Diaz)

The options left at the top 15 that would make sense are:

# 2 Ferguson

# 11 Al Iaquinta

# 15 Trinaldo

They´ve already fought, but Ferguson seems like the obvious answer, and Barboza took the 1st on short notice, so it would be fair to give him a rematch.... and since Barboza is probably 3rd in line for the TS after Ferg and Khabib, they could even make Ferguson vs Barboza for the interim TS (that was gonna happen between Ferg and Khabib.)

Thoughts?
Helluva a fight....good call.

Franklin U- line

Ferguson -135
Barboza +115

It is weird but his fights were razor close. I had Gilbert beating Eddie and Benson. He was beating Pettis before getting stopped as well.

The only person to really whip his ass was Edson

Back