state of the HW division

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

What was the last great HW fight? Cain vs JDS 3? It seems like nothing in HW mma has come close to Joshua vs Klitschko for years.

What was the last great HW fight? Cain vs JDS 3? It seems like nothing in HW mma has come close to Joshua vs Klitschko for years.
HW Fights are HISTORY!
Now it´s all about SHW Fights!!!

Right now is a very exciting time for the Heavyweight division. The Heavyweight title has been fought for 3 times in a calendar year. When is the last time that happened in the UFC?

Cain put the division on hold for about 2 years. Werdum ended the Cain drought and we thought he would be different, then he still wanted to sit out for almost a year. Fuck the Cain era, Miocic is the hero we need, but do not deserve.

Things looked so promising after the SF buyout. Then Brocke retired, Reem pissed hot then started getting ko'd every other fight, JDS held the strap long enough to keep it warm for Cain, Cain proceeds to hold the division up for three years, everyone gets old, and the UFC does little/nothing to invest in prospects. What you end up with is what we have now. The division has one elite fighter in his prime left, and a bunch of guys who will be retired in under three years.

I did like the resurgences of Hunt and Arlovski, though. And that thing Werdum did against Nelson, where he pointed down and then punched him, was pretty cool.

Its been a slow death, same with LHW. its been rotting for years and the guys are on the verge of retiring. UFC is just focusing on cheap labor which is women fighters and light weight classes.

Ngannou is a special talent, but apart from him there is virtually no one new at HW or LHW thats highly talented. its gonna cease to exist before long.

Well, if you're measuring greatness by length, I don't think there's ever been a 30+ min HW fight. Most are 7 min or less.

But otherwise, there's been lots of good HW battles. JDS Miocic I was good, Werdum - Cain was really good.

Back