UFC should bring back tournaments.

Naramie

Super Bash Brothers
@Brown
Reaction score
I think it will help with promoting lesser known talent and creating dynamic match ups. The current system UFC is using is starting to backfire on them as more champs become business savvy and promote themselves. The formula now is the champ takes the belt hostage, picks/chooses their own opponents, and the UFC bends over backwards.

I think it will help with promoting lesser known talent and creating dynamic match ups. The current system UFC is using is starting to backfire on them as more champs become business savvy and promote themselves. The formula now is the champ takes the belt hostage, picks/chooses their own opponents, and the UFC bends over backwards.

Since belts & rankings are no longer relevant...

B eye.gif

I think for certain divisions a tournament would be perfect, not a one night thing, but something to set up a contender, like the PPV were they had all heavyweights or all welterweights.

Tournaments winner will get what ?
Can't give them a championship belt and they can't do tournaments in the USA anymore btw

MW tournament now Bisping has the belt hostage would be amazing

Romero
Rockhold
Mousasi
Whittaker

Should fight on a boat. Only one is allowed back into port.

Should fight on a boat. Only one is allowed back into port.

Drop them in the middle of the jungles of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. No money, no clothes, nothing. Have them find their way back to civilization and complete different types of missions on the way à la The Amazing Race. First person to knock on the front door of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas gets the interim belt and faces Bisping in his next fight. Film it all and broadcast it under the title "Dana White's Lookin' for a contender".

they already have tournaments. it's called tuf.

they literally just had a tournament to crown the 115lb women's champion, and the #1 contender at 125.

After Maia submits Woodley then retires, they should have a WW title tournament.

There are enough fighters pulling out of fights with injuries as it is, tournaments would be even worse or you'd get something like DC winning the Strikeforce HW tournament when he wasn't even in it for the first round.

Overeem beats Werdum in R1 and DC comes in for Overeem when he went to the UFC and wins it.

Contender tourneys > interim title bouts.

Too many injuries

And overeem and Fedor would end up not doing well

Loser leaves town matches. But, they should also allow masked fighters to enter afterward who may or may not have the same exact body as the banned fighter, expect now wearing a mask.

I would like it too but zuffa was cursed as far as tournies go, so I dont know if wme would try to break the curse

dont get injured than. Im sick and tired of ppl overtaining in the camps and getting injured and delaying all teh cards.

um, in tournaments most of the injuries come during a fight. Tournies only work when there's a tight schedule, one injury, even if they get the win, derails everything.

Back