Size vs Skill

tastaylvr

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
With all these DJ threads popping lately I am noticing a trend where all his fans seem to think that if you are skilled enough fighter you can beat up anyone in the world regardless of size.

This is blowing my mind where retards think that if you are skilled 5ft3 120lb fighter then you can beat an untrained 6ff6 300lb man. How would he accomplish this when he can't even reach the cunts chest? Is he going to run under his legs and grab his nuts? What's the fucking deal here?

This whole technique trumps size thing needs to stop seriously. There will always be a point where strength trumps technique regardless of how good you are because that's just how the world works. Do you think if you are a good enough fighter you can go and beat a chimpanzee in a 1 on 1 fight? No because the chimpanzee is a fucking monster compared to a human.

Also if this was true then why the fuck doesn't he just move up one weight class? If size is so negligible like these retards claim then why the fuck doesn't he move up?

Yup, in the end size matters. A leopard is more agile and skilled than a lion, but he still climbs a tree when he sees one.

Go youtube Roger Huerta vs huge linebacker.

Get back to us on how that turned out for the linebacker

You must be completely ignorant of MMA history lol. There have been fighters who have beaten other fighters who outweighed them by more than 300 lbs even thanks to superior skills. The first example that springs to mind is Gracie vs Akebono, but there have been many other fights with similar odds and outcomes. You probably started watching MMA last month or something.

minowatall.gif

So you think a bodybuilder would beat MM in a fight...

<YeahOKJen>

Go youtube Roger Huerta vs huge linebacker.

Get back to us on how that turned out for the linebacker

That's one street fight where the linebacker was drunk as fuck? So that just disproves everything now?

Do you think that there isn't a point where strength trumps skill? Do you think a 5ft human wouldn't beat everyone on planet earth in a fight?

That's one street fight where the linebacker was drunk as fuck? So that just disproves everything now?

Do you think that there isn't a point where strength trumps skill? Do you think a 5ft human wouldn't beat everyone on planet earth in a fight?

Yes, If skill is equal or very close to equal, then size will usually win out.

With all these DJ threads popping lately I am noticing a trend where all his fans seem to think that if you are skilled enough fighter you can beat up anyone in the world regardless of size.

This is blowing my mind where retards think that if you are skilled 5ft3 120lb fighter then you can beat an untrained 6ff6 300lb man. How would he accomplish this when he can't even reach the cunts chest? Is he going to run under his legs and grab his nuts? What's the fucking deal here?

This whole technique trumps size thing needs to stop seriously. There will always be a point where strength trumps technique regardless of how good you are because that's just how the world works. Do you think if you are a good enough fighter you can go and beat a chimpanzee in a 1 on 1 fight? No because the chimpanzee is a fucking monster compared to a human.

Also if this was true then why the fuck doesn't he just move up one weight class? If size is so negligible like these retards claim then why the fuck doesn't he move up?

You're right and you're wrong.

If you have ever walked into a fight gym with legit black belt bjj players you'd know that an exceptionally small experienced dude like MM will make pretty short work of an exceptionally large guy like the one you are describing.

If you stay around for a few months you'll also find that an exceptionally big, strong, athletic guy like the one you are describing, with even just a little bit of experience, suddenly becomes very dangerous and likely too much to handle even for a world class small man like MM.

Technique doesn't cancel out size and strength in an absolute and infinite sense. A little bit of technique can go a looooong way against a much smaller man, even if he is also much more experienced.

But a really big guy with ZERO technique beyond just trying to practice his version of what he thinks fighting must be doesn't have a lot going for him aside from the perpetual possibility that the small guy makes a mistake, gets too close, and ends up hoisted into the air to be slammed into oblivion.

Bigger = Better

Its just reality.

Ill take take being a born Alpha over being a technical manlet that has to work harder any day. Because at the of the day, Alphas have the power, they get all the girls, and the dominate the world.

Look no further than trump. Most powerful man on the globe. He's also
6'5 = Alpha aka Non manlet aka born winner

Bigger = Better

Its just reality.

Ill take take being a born Alpha over being a technical manlet that has to work harder any day. Because at the of the day, Alphas have the power, they get all the girls, and the dominate the world.

Look no further than trump. Most powerful man on the globe. He's also
6'5 = Alpha aka Non manlet aka born winner

Lmao what kind of cuck shit is this.

Back when I was training for my first amateur fight, so I was I sparred a new guy who was 6'3, 265. I was 6' 175 lbs. He dropped to his knee and tapped out after 3 leg kicks. He couldn't land anything with his slow James Thompson looking arm punches and he told me it felt like he was being hit in the leg with a baseball bat every time I kicked him. I was an amateur at the time so while I had a decent kick, it was not really that hard compared to what I kick like a few years later.

In MMA, you are right, size does provide a greater advantage than technique but in an actual fight, size isn't always an advantage. One thing the larger athletes have going for them against the smaller ones is the gloves. The gloves aren't meant to protect the fighters getting hit as much as they are to protect the fighters hands and knuckles doing the hitting. If you go back and watch early MMA when gloves weren't used, you had guys breaking their hands all of the time. So it limits how many strikes you can use against someone. For example: Brock Lesnar cracks Tyron Woodley right on the bean but doesn't knock him out, he now will have very limited use of the hand shortly after the strike so technique does come into play. Also, rules and regs (no eye pokes, kicks to the groin, throat strikes, etc.) would not allow many of the strikes necessary to fend off a bigger man. I used to not agree on a need for weight classes until they changed the rules for fights. The rounds, the protective equipment and rules have changed that a need for weight classes arose. If you are a 180lb guy and punch a 250lb guy square on his jaw without gloves, you might knock him out, whereas the 250lb guy probably would knock out the smaller guy. Now, pad those hands and try the same thing and you would see that it provides a huge advantage for the bigger guy. As for cardio, if there were no rounds, a smaller guy could tag and dance until the bigger guy tired out. As long as he didn't get caught, the smaller guy would have a decisive advantage.

Now, as for the chimpanzee, I don't think I have ever seen a man punch a chimp in the face so who knows. The chimp, obviously has incredible strength, but I don't buy into this King Kong/Jackie Chan fighting style they portray in the movies. They have longer arms but way shorter legs. Man, now you've got me curious, I think I may have to rent a chimp and post the results. Wish me luck.

Back