He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Francisco Mur breaks down Maia's shitle tot

Last edited:
2ajx65k.gif

2ajx65k.gif

2ajx65k.gif

Definitely looking forward to that fight. I think Maia gets caught early but I'm hoping he pulls it off. Also, always good to see someone remember Shitle Tot

I'm picking him to straight up outwrestle and out grapple Woodley too.

I'm picking him to straight up outwrestle and out grapple Woodley too.
I'm leaning towards Maia as well, I think Woodley over thinks and hangs around sometimes too long when he could just be reacting and dominating. If he moves himself against the fence and focuses too much on stopping Maia and not pressing his own offense he could get dragged down and swept.

I'm sure Woodley will be prepared,people thought Wonderboy with his style will be a huge problem and what happend is that he barely got hit in 50 minutes of the fight with him.He will adapt and do what is needed to beat Maia.

Maia has a unique BJJ / wrestling style that no one else has. His TD set-ups and transitions are almost impossible to stop once he has his hands on you. And he is a really big guy at WW with scary Jitz.

TWood will likely be looking to sprawl n brawl like a mo-fo, using his counter-wrestling, and hope to clip him with a huge right hand. If he does, it may be over quickly.

This will be an epic match-up between two elite level grapplers.

I would love for that to be the case. I just don't see it that way. Maia gets stuck in the mud standing after a round of aggressive grappling. He's going to struggle for takedowns against woodley and he can't afford to stand flat footed in this matchup. Woodley will clean his clock if that happens. I truly hope I'm wrong. Love everything about Maia and everything he represents as a fighter. He would make a great champion/role model.

I would love for that to be the case. I just don't see it that way. Maia gets stuck in the mud standing after a round of aggressive grappling. He's going to struggle for takedowns against woodley and he can't afford to stand flat footed in this matchup. Woodley will clean his clock if that happens. I truly hope I'm wrong. Love everything about Maia and everything he represents as a fighter. He would make a great champion/role model.

This is what I'm thinking.

Maia might put Woodley in some dangerous positions in the first round, but then he drastically slows down. In a 5 round fight I don't think he can grapple with Woodley without running out of gas relatively quickly.

i would've loved to listen to that, but 4 minutes in it's nothing but the other guy rambling. that dude just loves to hear himself talk, doesn't he?

so frank said maia would beat woodley? by sub?

Demian Maia is as big as Jake, Meth Marquardt or Rory.

All the other guys Woodley lost to were exactly 6'0.

Maia is 6'1.

welterweight-vice650.jpg

Francisco Mur breaks down Maia's shitle tot

as usual, VERY interesting listening to Mir.
He himself is a great BJJ practitioner, so it this is not a word by someone who merely watched Maia...

WAR MAIA!!

i would've loved to listen to that, but 4 minutes in it's nothing but the other guy rambling. that dude just loves to hear himself talk, doesn't he?

so frank said maia would beat woodley? by sub?
He thinks the only way Woodley can win is by KO, he thinks that Maia will either submit him or it'll be rinse repeat back takes for 5 rounds

This is what I'm thinking.

Maia might put Woodley in some dangerous positions in the first round, but then he drastically slows down. In a 5 round fight I don't think he can grapple with Woodley without running out of gas relatively quickly.
Exactly. By the second round Maia was a stationary target standing directly in front of Masvidal. He simply cannot do that against woodley and woodley is going to be a much taller task to deal with as far as securing takedowns go.

Back