So what weight would Mayweather/McGregor be fought at?

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
147, which is Floyd's comfort zone, would be hell for Conor to make. 154 is more suitable for both but Conor would still be cutting much more than Floyd. In the boxing world, Conor probably fighting at MW.

well Floyd walks around at 150lbs.... so he wont be cutting any weight if the fight is 154, he'll be eating burgers and drinking soda in the run up if it is

Id imagine Floyd wants the fight at 147

Mad respect for Floyd on taking on the bigger man. Conor is at least 3 times his size

147, which is Floyd's comfort zone, would be hell for Conor to make. 154 is more suitable for both but Conor would still be cutting much more than Floyd. In the boxing world, Conor probably fighting at MW.
Yeah, probably 147. Conor called Floyd out. So...

The last time Conor cut to 145 was December 2015. About a year and a half ago. He sure has bulked up a lot to fight Diaz at WW and Alvarez at LW.

A lot of people doubt he could make 145 or 147 for that matter these days.

He sure was a beast at 145 though. He is so big and rangy and had so much power at that weight class. He would have a massive size advantage over Floyd. Not that it would matter to the GOAT. Floyd would still box circles around him.

I am just really interested in what kind of shape Conor could come in at. There is a chance he would be deathly drained this time. It might be too much of a cut now. But then again he always looked like a skeleton on the scale but came in the next night bouncing off the ceiling, ready as ever. We have no idea if he can successfully make that cut in 2017

It would be slightly odd if MW demanded 147 as he has been fighting at above 150lb catch weights quite often. It would be fair to see this at a 150ish catchweight... But it really doesnt matter.

Well Floyd shouldn't be to hung up on weight. I really don't think it matters if its 147, 154, 160 or anywhere right around that, it will have no bearing on the outcome.

If it's his "comfort zone" then why did he need all that illegal IV for the Pacquiao fight? Ideally it would be at 152lbs and a 4 rounder. Nobody fights 12 rounds in their pro debut, even 10 is ridiculous.

well Floyd walks around at 150lbs.... so he wont be cutting any weight if the fight is 154, he'll be eating burgers and drinking soda in the run up if it is

Id imagine Floyd wants the fight at 147
He walks around at 170

The last time Conor cut to 145 was December 2015. About a year and a half ago. He sure has bulked up a lot to fight Diaz at WW and Alvarez at LW.

A lot of people doubt he could make 145 or 147 for that matter these days.

He sure was a beast at 145 though. He is so big and rangy and had so much power at that weight class. He would have a massive size advantage over Floyd. Not that it would matter to the GOAT. Floyd would still box circles around him.

I am just really interested in what kind of shape Conor could come in at. There is a chance he would be deathly drained this time. It might be too much of a cut now. But then again he always looked like a skeleton on the scale but came in the next night bouncing off the ceiling, ready as ever. We have no idea if he can successfully make that cut in 2017

lol The size advantage wouldn't be massive at all, it would barely even be noticeable.

Mayweather looks like he can make welterweight right now so I'd imagine 147.

If Floyd was smart he would have it at 147. 154 is ideal for Conor.

lol The size advantage wouldn't be massive at all, it would barely even be noticeable.

I don't know what's considered a major size advantage, but Conor easily walks around 15-20 lbs heavier than Floyd. And never have going 36 mins against someone who's as elusive as Mayweather is gonna be a major issue.

There's no doubt that Conor hits hard. Probably harder than anyone Floyd has faced. Conor's only real chance is if Mayweather pulls an Anderson Silva or he falls asleep. But if Floyd gives Conor respect, Conor is gonna be swinging at air for the first 5 rds. After that he's toast with that weight cut.

How is 147 hell to.make? He can make it.

But the fight should be at May-Alvarez weight....152 catchweight.

How is 147 hell to.make? He can make it.

But the fight should be at May-Alvarez weight....152 catchweight.

He looked deathly cutting to 145 in the first place. Now add several years and three straight bouts at which he competed at 155-170 (one of which he significantly bulked up for). It isn't healthy or easy to shave back down beyond your balanced limit again.

I don't know what they'll agree to, though, but I'd assume that whatever it is, they'll both be prepared. Neither of these guys are going to agree to something they aren't prepared to back up.

Conors not taking the fight below 150. He'll say fuck that and just make millions in the UFC. I dont think Conor is hung up on this fight as much as ppl think.

I don't know what's considered a major size advantage, but Conor easily walks around 15-20 lbs heavier than Floyd. And never have going 36 mins against someone who's as elusive as Mayweather is gonna be a major issue.

There's no doubt that Conor hits hard. Probably harder than anyone Floyd has faced. Conor's only real chance is if Mayweather pulls an Anderson Silva or he falls asleep. But if Floyd gives Conor respect, Conor is gonna be swinging at air for the first 5 rds. After that he's toast with that weight cut.

Conor hits harder than Canelo Alvarez?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back