Tyrone: Fighting Nick/GSP is more significant than Damien Maia

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“An exciting fight, something I believe could produce my first rivalry maybe, my first back-and-forth press conference, is maybe a Nick Diaz,” Woodley said. “In my opinion, he’s a lineal top-five welterweight, what he’s done for the sport, how he actually got people excited about it. He was really just himself and that became an image, and I think he can do that everyday because that’s him, so I respect him, I respect what he’s done for MMA. That’s another fight that excites me. I just don’t see beating Demian Maia really putting another notch on my belt like those two guys would.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/2...t-him-calls-michael-bisping-the-cowardly-move

beating Maia gives him road to GSP/Diaz fight, imo

I hope he's been wearing that backpack Brian Stann gave him

Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight since October 2011.

Nick Diaz is 1-2-1 (he was 1-3 before the Anderson fight was overturned into a NC) in his second UFC stint. His sole victory was over an undersized past it BJ Penn.

It's not Damien's fault your past 2 fights have been boring, Tyron.

Ffs is he really that unconfident in his tdd? I don't even think Maia would get Tyron down

It's insane how much this guys trying to duck maia

Much more significant in terms of money, which is all that matters.

Please spare me the indignation of blaming yet another fighter for a situation that the UFC created. By paying fighter only 14% of revenues and creating fights like the Bisbing/Hendo joke they set the wheels in motion for this current environment.

I wouldn't fight Maia either with a GSP or Diaz payday out there to be had. Woodley has actually defended his title against the #1 guy twice, which is more than Conor or Bisbing did before they were allowed to call their own shots and rewarded with cans and big pay days.

lol nick diaz more significant than maia, it's not 2012 anymore homie

LMAO-- one guy hasn't won in 4 years and the other guy hAsnt fought in 4 years.

This is your fucking job.You fight for a living and you're a current champion in the UFC.I wish people would just do their jobs.

I started a thread last week, stating that Woodley is a Beta Male (that was unjustly moved to the trash can), and it's quotes like this that prove my point.

He is cheerleading for Nick Diaz. I bet he'd blow Nick Diaz for a chance to fight him. It's down right pathetic for the UFC Champ to be acting like this. He needs to go out and defend his belt, and become the money fight himself.

Nick Diaz is a lineal Top 5 WW?????? He's never in his entire career beaten a top 5 fighter. And he hasn't won in like 5 years, which was againt BJ Penn!

GTFO of here Woodley. Please Retire.

Back