*What are the chances Eddie threw the fight with Conor?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean, as a champ, as a two division champ, Conor would make millions of dollars, 100x the amount Eddie would make as UFC's LW (until Ferguson or Khabib beats him). I mean, the Mayweather fight won't be on track if McGregor was beaten by Alvarez, he would be considered as an overrated LW fighting BWs.

So, what if, somehow, somewhere, Conor and Eddie decided what was gonna be the outcome of that (weird) fight. Obviously, Eddie would have to receive a couple of millions from Conor's paycheck (not a big deal after his two division champ incomes).

I mean, that fight was weird. Even Eddie's trainer said he didn't stick to the obvious gameplan: wrestle Conor, wear him, wrestle again.

And the KO was also weird. Alvarez has such a good chin, has been in multiple wars, and losing that way...

And after the fight there was no major talkings from either of them.

Most probable that was a clean fight. I'm just asking...is there a chance?

giphy.gif

I doubt he threw the fight I just think he fought stupidly. Instead of making it a dog fight with clinching, scrambles, wrestling and takedowns he idiotically decided to strike with him. Pretty sure he bought into his striking game after his RDA fight and decided to strike with Conor to prove a point. Everytime he got in I was surprised he didn't go for a takedown he had all the opportunity and squandered it. Also Alvarez is a notorious slow starter so he probably figured he'd start wrestling once Conor gout comfortable on the feet.

In pro fighting there is always a chance.

MMA doesn't seem as mafia tainted as boxing, but money is money.

I think it's likely the Russians were in on it

I mean, as a champ, as a two division champ, Conor would make millions of dollars, 100x the amount Eddie would make as UFC's LW (until Ferguson or Khabib beats him). I mean, the Mayweather fight won't be on track if McGregor was beaten by Alvarez, he would be considered as an overrated LW fighting BWs.

So, what if, somehow, somewhere, Conor and Eddie decided what was gonna be the outcome of that (weird) fight. Obviously, Eddie would have to receive a couple of millions from Conor's paycheck (not a big deal after his two division champ incomes).

I mean, that fight was weird. Even Eddie's trainer said he didn't stick to the obvious gameplan: wrestle Conor, wear him, wrestle again.

And the KO was also weird. Alvarez has such a good chin, has been in multiple wars, and losing that way...

And after the fight there was no major talkings from either of them.

Most probable that was a clean fight. I'm just asking...is there a chance?
Who the fuck is Conor? This section is for talking about the UFC and Mike Perry is the hottest thing right now. There is no one named Conor that fights in MMA.

How many shit Alvarez threads are you gonna make?

*What are the chances anyone on Sherdog knows?*

There are a lot of way to throw a fight...Letting someone like Conor hit you flush in the face multiple times isn't at the top of the smartest ways to do it.

He didn't throw the fight, he just isn't a smart fighter. A guy who's 3-2, with 2 SDs over guys on losing streaks and a TKO over a guy who passed out in a bathtub before the fight, doesn't need to throw fights.

Back