MMA before UFC in America???

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was doing some research in regards to old school training and martial arts and I know Gene Lebell was the only one that trained closest to an MMA fighter but I have been reading a lot about physical culture and they promoted:

5freegifts_final.gif

This is from one of those Charles Atlas ads.

I was doing some research in regards to old school training and martial arts and I know Gene Lebell was the only one that trained closest to an MMA fighter but I have been reading a lot about physical culture and they promoted:

5freegifts_final.gif

NHB was then in its infancy...

kung pow baby kick.gif

5freegifts_final.gif

Look up Jack Dempsey. He was before Gene LeBell, training US soldiers in multiple disciplines. He had a book/manual "How to Get Tough" that shows multiple disciplines.

Ali fought Inoki back in the 70s I think it was.

Love jiu jitsu pic

Thats how i roll jitz......fuck a gi

Three piece suit and wingtips all the way

Look up Jack Dempsey. He was before Gene LeBell, training US soldiers in multiple disciplines. He had a book/manual "How to Get Tough" that shows multiple disciplines.

I am aware of Jack Dempsey, legit bad ass boxer, he was one of the first fighters who got paid a lot of money and in popular culture, his Dempsey Roll has been portrayed in Hajime No Ippo and Tekken boxer Steve Fox.

I know another physical culture guy name Joe Bonomo who promoted boxing and jujitsu as well as strength training:

joe_bonomo2.png

According to various sources he was a close friend of Charles Atlas and a sparring partner of Jack Dempsey.

Back