Prime vs Prime, who takes it: Cyborg or Ronda?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2011-2014 Ronda vs Cyborg: who would be your pick between the 2 greatest female MMA fighters ever?

The troll takes it if anyone take his question seriously.

I'd pick Cyborg in any match-up between these two.

Ronda's prime was defined by the quality (or lack thereof) of her opponents, rather than by her own athletic ability or fighting prowess (which hasn't really improved or declined since she started fighting).

Ronda has always fought in her prime, it's just that her 2 last opponents were greater than the sum total of Ronda's fighting and athletic ability, irrespective of her being in prime condition or not.

Cyborg would beat the fuck out of Ronda Rousey at any time. Ronda was the biggest hype job in UFC history. She knocked out a couple of soccer moms and suddenly she was a "once ever" athlete.

She had no confidence she could beat Cyborg, which is why she ducked her constantly.

Out of Prime ?!

Lol Ronda is 30. She is as prime as it gets.

There are 30 year old fighters that are out of prime as a result of multiple injuries.

Ronda is not in that category. She is pretty healthy.

There are fighters that waged several wars by the time they were 30 and are out of prime cause of that.

Ronda is not in that category either. Her victories were pretty dominant.

She just thought too highly of herself and after one loss started binge eating.

Cyborg all the way. She's built for fighting.

Cyborg. But to be fair to Rousey, I don't think they're really close to being in the same natural weightclass even if Cyborg has/can make 140-145.

2011-2014 Ronda vs Cyborg: who would be your pick between the 2 greatest female MMA fighters ever?

Easy question, but depends on something you didn't define.

• If the fight happens at 145, with Borgie juicing her brains out for 5 years, she wins easily.

• If the fight is a fair fight at 135, with Dress Wandy totally clean and with no filthy gains from the past, either, s/he sucks and can't handle any top fighter.

This should be obvious to anyone with eyes and a brain. Ronda would get stepped on like a dog turd.

For a serious answer, this is a troll thread meant to get "Ronda dies" responses, but Cyborg has never fought anyone top level besides Coenen (who lacks wrestling/strong takedowns to get the fight down), so who really knows. Cyborg is definitely not one of the two greatest resume wise though, Tate, Nunes, and Zingano at least have better wins. Cyborg's resume is full of green prospects, much smaller fighters and journeywomen.

I'd pick Cyborg in any match-up between these two.

Ronda's prime was defined by the quality (or lack thereof) of her opponents, rather than by her own athletic ability or fighting prowess (which hasn't really improved or declined since she started fighting).

Ronda has always fought in her prime, it's just that her 2 last opponents were greater than the sum total of Ronda's fighting and athletic ability, irrespective of her being in prime condition or not.
Cant deny that the Ronda that Nunes beat was mentally broken and "fought" like a soccer mom on her first class of self defense, i have seen better in worldstarr videos, come on....

Prime Cyborg is full of steroids and shit.

USADA win.

Fighting at 135 Cybro would not have that can crushing power....Un-broken pre-Holly Ronda might take that, Cybro uses to charge forward depending on her power, clinch too.

Ronda's prime was getting KTFO by Holms and Nunes

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Cant deny that the Ronda that Nunes beat was mentally broken and "fought" like a soccer mom on her first class of self defense, i have seen better in worldstarr videos, come on....

Ronda always fights like that, though. Show me a fight of hers where she has better footwork, or crisper striking, or more technical entrances into the clinch (which she tried a half dozen times on Nunes and was shoved away every time).

Ronda takes the cake for sure but Cyborg murders her. Duh.

In her prime, Ronda got her ass kicked by Holm and Nunes. Cyborg would eat her.

Ronda gets absolutely destroyed by Cyborg at any point and any weight. Everybody with a brain always knew it too.

If you mean "prime" Rousey as in still focuse don grappling I would say tough to pick, CYborgs style probably does mean clinch work and potential takedowns but Rousey obviously would be vulnerable to being KOed.

You won't get a decent answer of Sherdog though, Cyborg has basically become a stand in for "I could beat up these women" for a lot of posters.

Back