How do you feel about the current state of the UFC and the direction that its heading?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Here again asking fellow Sherdoggers their opinions (I even respect ones I disagree with) about how they feel about the UFC now.

All this drama about USADA, fighters' complaining about pay, rules changing, weight cutting problems, good fighters getting let go etc

How do you feel about it? I must admit shit fucking changed rapidly over the course of a few years.

As long as there are good fighters fighting, I don't care, really.
Pay them nothing and wrap them up in Reebok, who cares?

I like it because Im a MMA fan and not a UFC fan. I think their new ways is good for the sport in the big picture. Sure, thers always pros and cons, but Im optimistic about the situation. And btw 98% of UFCs fights is merit based ish, so im all good.

I ruined the joint.

I think Reebok is a pile of shit
I think USADA is a pile of shit
I think WME got destroyed. Dumbasses.

I think the direction is bad. Gimmick fights over legitimate ones.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Not really good... still better than the rest, Bellator/Rizin included.

Not looking too bright, although Platinum Mike Perry comes to rescue

As long as there are good fighters fighting, I don't care, really.
Pay them nothing and wrap them up in Reebok, who cares?

Except the two things you bring up here are entwined. If you were a contractor and you paid your hires "nothing", would you expect the best?

I want to see the best fighting the best, with the also-rans chasing hard. It probably hasn't been long enough to see if that's what WME aim to serve us in the long-run, but I'm doubtful. Defections to Bellator, McGregor stalling lightweight, Bisping stalling middleweight, and the sense that brass wouldn't care as long as the money keeps coming in... it doesn't bode well, in my opinion.

Don't know which direction it's going in. That's the problem. But, I don't like most of the shit since the sale.

UFC has differently topped out on popularity. All they have going for them is McGregor and his shtick gets old after a while. Brock Lesnar gave them a big boost when he came back (in the media) but he's gone.

For all the crap that the Majority in here gives pro wrestling, the UFC does need to take more from pro wrestling. Mcgregor knows that. He does that to a T. He plays a character. UFC needs to develop stars. They need to make people care about so and so and why people should tune in to watch so and so fight so and so. UFC can't and doesn't do that. You really need your champions to be from A western country. If a guy doesn't speak fluent English you can have him out everywhere promoting your brand and fights.

You can't have main events being cancelled and big name fighters getting hurt all the time. That hurts the product

Except the two things you bring up here are entwined. If you were a contractor and you paid your hires "nothing", would you expect the best?

I want to see the best fighting the best, with the also-rans chasing hard. It probably hasn't been long enough to see if that's what WME aim to serve us in the long-run, but I'm doubtful. Defections to Bellator, McGregor stalling lightweight, Bisping stalling middleweight, and the sense that brass wouldn't care as long as the money keeps coming in... it doesn't bode well, in my opinion.
Sure.
I agree.
I just don't see it happening. Fighters getting paid well, that is

Total shit:

Letting some top guys go because they don't want to pay them.

Catering to hype jobs and putting entire divisions on hold until they make the hype job fight someone who belongs above them.

Wmma is still around

Fights get stopped too early, we need more Cyborg vs Jan Finney fights

Hence why I rarely pay for a card anymore.

not many good fights that I am hyped for. Actually not a single one to be honest. I was really looking forward to khabib vs tony. Either Nick or Nate need to fight this year. Actually daley vs mvp is the only mma fight I'm looking forward to seeing so far this year.

Every fighter should have to juice

Get rid of weight classes

Get rid of WMMA

Get rid of Mini Mouse's division

Bring back
maxresdefault.jpg

The UFC is a hollow shell of a company from what it once was. There is no real talent any more and they are selling one hit wonders like McTapper/Rousey to attract the casual fan. They no longer care about the hard core fan. I come to Sherdog to be entertained by the idiots who post on here.......that is all.

I dont like the new breed but i'm old I went to school with chuck liddell thats how old.

There are many young fighters I like but the Conorization of UFC is a bad trend

Last edited:
UFC is heading in the same direction as WWE, and that's a good direction.

good-choice.jpg

Back