So are people actually expecting a Cody win vs TJ?

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As much as I like Cody and want him to win, outside of a punchers chance I don't see it happening. TJ feeds on guys like Cody all the time; he styles all over them and makes them look silly for even trying to hit him. How can anyone think this is going to he anything other than 50-45 TJ? He's very much like a BW GSP. Amazing wrestling, amazing striking, good footwork, etc. Cody is still a lumbering knock out artist with some good wrestling like Chuck Liddell.

Last edited:
Bros love neck tats and support their fellow bros. TJ is clearly going to knock him on his ass.

How did TJ do against Dom?
How did Cody do against Dom?

I guess it's not out of the question that TJ could get tooled....

Cody's alter ego...
no+ragrets+1.gif

Cody is a lumbering knockout artist? He made Cruz look bad.

This fight feels like a toss up to me. I was surprised to see that Cody Garbrandt is noticeably bigger than TJ though, I feel Cody has a lot more knockout power too. Cody's also 25, TJ's 31 and in Bantamweight years that's a bit older than it sounds.

I think Cody should be slightly favored to win this but it still definitely feels like a toss up to me.

Bros love neck tats and support their fellow bros. TJ is clearly going to knock him on his ass.

Cody's alot better than Joe Soto and Dodson. Cody should clearly be the favorite. I kinda think you're trolling.

Cody's alot better than Joe Soto and Dodson. Cody should clearly be the favorite. I kinda think you're trolling.
No, I genuinely believe TJ is the superior fighter. He's clearly the more intelligent of the two as well and will be much better prepared in the mental aspects of the fight and prep.

cody is lumbering? thats all i needed to read to know you are an idiot or trolling.

No, I genuinely believe TJ is the superior fighter. He's clearly the more intelligent of the two as well and will be much better prepared in the mental aspects of the fight and prep.

Well I guess so

I'm not gonna lie, I thought Cody would get worked by Cruz. He wasnt touched in any of his UFC fights and was a ko machine, but he never did it to someone on Cruz's level so I didn't buy into him. After seeing the fight tho, and seeing a breakdown on the fight of his footwork and how he beat dom, I think he's gonna do the same thing to tj. He has the hand speed, reflexes, and understanding of footwork to win this fight.

I also believe that tj isn't as mentally strong as dom. If he gets dropped a few times, I think he'll fold. We saw how frustrated he was getting against Cruz when he was swinging at air.

All of that said, tj can still win this. I just feel like Cody is the rightful favorite.

should be a great fight, but cody has great boxing and knows angles and has great reflexes in close range without blinking. He has good takedown defense and so while i give tj the wrestling edge, i would be surprised if it was dominant. Tj gets in and out and bounces around and mixes it up, so should be a lot of fun. I would say slight odds in cody's favor but not much.

After seeing Cody vs. Cruz, I think I'll pick against TJ for the first time ever.

Back