Is Tyron Woodley the "chosen one" to break GSP's title defense record and become the WW goat?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Does anybody believe the "chosen one" has the potencial to break GSP´s title defense record and become WW goat? He seems pretty legit. Solid wrestling. Finishes fights.
tumblr_ob6q2iYrA11up8ga8o1_540.gif

And his biggest challenge didn´t do enough to beat him.
tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif

Maybe even beat GSP if he ever decides to reclaim his belt???

Besides Maia and Masvidal I don´t see a lot of big threats for him in the roster right now.

How far can he go? WW goat?
giphy.gif

Thoughts?

Does anybody believe the "chosen one" has the potencial to break GSP´s title defense record and become WW goat? He seems pretty legit. Solid wrestling. Finishes fights.
tumblr_ob6q2iYrA11up8ga8o1_540.gif

And his biggest challenge didn´t do enough to beat him.
tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif

Maybe even beat GSP if he ever decides to reclaim his belt???

Besides Maia and Masvidal I don´t see a lot of big threats for him in the roaster right now.

How far can he go? WW goat?
giphy.gif

Thoughts?
The roaster?

Haha... talk again in about 5 yearz for GSP's record.... lol....

Till then I certainly hope to see him de-throned for being overly cautious & making his fights a snooze fest.

I like Woodley but I think it might be early to say. He fought the same guy twice in a row. I think Masvidal will be a stiff test for Woodley and I'd still like to see Condit get another shot. The first time was just weird.

Also, I think Usman is a dark horse in the WW division and feel he would give Woodley a big run for his money.

Probably if he continues fighting Wonderboy

Too inactive in the octagon. Dominate champ needs to dominate not eek out draws and sds

He lost to an old Nate Marquardt so no.

He'll gas and get koed again soon enough.

If he fights someone who can keep their opposite hand at their chin when they throw the other hand, he'll get countered into oblivion.

Odd to think that it will be right around 4 years off for GSP between fights because of his hiatus, yet GSP and Woodley are both 35 years old.

I don't think there is any good reason to believe Tyron is the best welterweight.

Ironically, Rory MacDonald easily beat both the current champion in Tyron, and the #1 contender in Maia. Tyron was able to get past Wonderboy and Lawler though, although I think Lawler's chin is done after all the abuse, and I haven't forgotten his suspicious test numbers.

The welterweight division has better depth right now than it did during the bulk of Georges reign, I don't see anyone able to match what he did.

Woodley only needs 11 more wins in a row to tie GSP's win streak. Sounds easy enough :rolleyes:

Nah, Woodley is the poor soul who happens to be champ in the division PMP is staking his claim in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back