Flyweight vs Average Man

La Elefante

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hunter Joffre, Amateur 125 pound fighter vs Average 35 year old man

Cecil Peoples scored it 30-27 for the human

Are you making a statement or asking a question?

A male flyweight fighter with solid skills would be able to easily beat up the average dude and even some bigger athletic guys.

In fact, the only advantage the average dude has is weight. And weight isn't really an advantage...all it means is that the little dude is just going to have to spend a little more energy beating you up. Short stocky flyweights like Dodson are ridiculously strong.
I used to train with this 135'er who was the size of a garden gnome, but his short stubby arms could bench press 250 for 5 reps.

It all depends though. I wrestled 170lbs and I used to get beat by high level 140lbers, but I could outwrestle muscle bound 200lb wrestlers of average skill. But those 200lbers could whoop up on the 140lbers that worked me.

I don't know where I'm getting at anymore

The point is: 170-185 is the perfect weight class.

Last edited:

A male flyweight fighter with solid skills would be able to easily beat up the average dude and even some bigger athletic guys.

In fact, the only advantage the average dude has is weight. Short stocky flyweights like Dodson are ridiculously strong.
I used to train with this 135'er who was the size of a garden gnome, but his short stubby arms could bench press 250 for 5 reps.

It all depends though. I wrestled 170lbs and I used to get beat by high level 140lbers, but I could outwrestle muscle bound 200lb wrestlers of average skill. But those 200lbers could whoop up on the 140lbers that worked me.

Weight class or walk around weight?

In fact, the only advantage the average dude has is weight. Short stocky flyweights like Dodson are ridiculously strong.

Statement. In response to "mighty mouse would lose to any normal sized man" stuff you see here on the forums.

Statement. In response to "mighty mouse would lose to any normal sized man" stuff you see here on the forums.

It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. People don't realize that weight advantages really don't mean too much as long as you have enough physical strength to hold your own. If I'm fighting Brock Lesnar, I don't have to be as strong as him....I just need to be able to handle a 270lb athletic man. Cain Velasquez is much smaller than Brock, but he has enough phsyical strength to hold off a man of Brocks size....so then it comes down to skill.

Lol @ complaining about not letting up. Just take the L, bruh

Nice brawl, and I laughed at the 'garden gnome', but I'm pretty sure that street fight vids are still illegal here.

Punching the dude after he tapped out was pretty low, too.

Nice brawl, and I laughed at the 'garden gnome', but I'm pretty sure that street fight vids are still illegal here.

Eh, dude had the choke in and big guy tried to spike him on asphalt. A few Renzo Gracie style punches just for good measure.

So should I take the video down? Basically my point of the thread is flyweight professional fighters would kill an average man. And this is my video to prove it.

I don't get it.
This video doesn't prove anything,it only proves that if you got skills, you have an advantage over most of the average people with no skill, no matter their size.
Now, if your video is posted here to talk about Mighty Mouse, yes, MM can destroy many big guys, if they have no skills, but close the cage's doors with MM and Cain Velasquez, or Stipe or Overeem, I hope you believe in God to save your little Mouse from a painful death

Oh and BTW, posters who are like "yeah I train MMA I'm a potential champion I'm 6'6 and 205 blah blah I would kill this midget" , are only forum posters, they would get destroyed by MM

If they were skilled enough to beat MM, they would not be spending time on sherdog, IMO

It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. People don't realize that weight advantages really don't mean too much as long as you have enough physical strength to hold your own. If I'm fighting Brock Lesnar, I don't have to be as strong as him....I just need to be able to handle a 270lb athletic man. Cain Velasquez is much smaller than Brock, but he has enough phsyical strength to hold off a man of Brocks size....so then it comes down to skill.

Lesnar with his size and athleticism with ZERO wrestling experience loses to any professional Flyweight fighter 10 times out of 10. MAYBE a fluke win here and there from the big guy landing a flailing shot.

Nah, you said 170-185 is perfect weight
I asked that if thats walk around weight or weight class
Since, 170-185 weight class guys are usually 200lbs+

I do.

The point is - skill can overcome size at some levels of skill and some size differentials.

But for other pairs of skill and size, skill can't overcome the size differential.

no way... the guy with actual combat training won?

I am shocked

little guy who knows how to fight beats big guy who doesn't.

Curious how he'd fare against mediocre big fighters, bouncers and so on tho.

Get down to a gym and spar with a highly trained light guy. They will fuck you up. I know a guy who must not be over 10 stone and he feels like a house on top of you. Where huge guys who aren't well trained don't.

Back