Jon Jones and sports psychology

shredman

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When Jones was on Rogan's podcast there was this bit where he talked about sports psychology that I thought was so interesting I transcribed it:

I went through this huge spiritual thing where I got obsessed with the power of the mind, and a.... I got into it DEEP, really deep. Meditation, visualization and just realizing how powerful our minds actually are, how we really do paint our world with our thoughts and level of selfbelief. ANd so, I just took myself to this different mental level, I took myself from being an average Joe, from being very average minded to actually believing that I was the shit, believing that I COULD be the shit and be the GOAT and the greatst and never lose, like I took myself to a different place mentally, and a lot of it came from, um... mental practice and meditation and visualization and just seeking knowledge from people who are strong believers, guys like um... Les (or Wes) Brown and Tony Robins and guys like that, I just became really obsessed with learning about the power of the mind, so I USED to meditate, now I just kinda I have a lot of thigns that stuck with me, lot of ways of believing that stuck with me, that subconsciously I know who I am, what I'm capable of, and how I believe, how powerful my mind actually is.

Has he spoken about anything of this sort anywhere else?

Dude saw a rainbow after getting popped for his PED usage.

IMG_0687.PNG
IMG_0689.JPG

Jones beat Gus and schooled DC without even training. I'm excited for motivated Jones

jonjonescrybaby_zpsfcd691de.gif

I'm glad he is about to return. Cant wait to see a motivated Jones in a rematch with Cormier!!!

sounds like conor with that pseudo philosophical shit

Confident Jones is a tough out for anyone.

All nonsense aside, Jon Jones mental game/ belief is on another level. He's the opposite of Rumble Johnson.

Back