Examples of MMA Revisionist History

Coolidge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What are some good examples of MMA revisionist history? A few that came to mind:

- 'Cody/Cruz was a competitive fight. Super close.'
- 'Cruz dominated Mighty Mouse.'
- 'Machida was never any good.'
- 'GSP beat Hendricks. No robbery at all.'
- 'Jouban only beat Platinum because he ran.'

"coolidge made good threads"

The implication that Jon Jones beat Gustafsson decisively.
Shit was razor fucking close and should've probably gone to gustafsson.

The career of every fighter who has been great or just good, and then starts to go on a skid or into decline because of age and injury. The status of every camp that had belts and then doesn't.

any palhares fight, according to a couple of psychopaths on here: "he didn't really hold it that long."

lol i legit actually rewatched that fight yesterday, it was way more decisive for jones than i remembered

You're not defining revisionist correctly.
All of those, except Ryoto, were popular (if incorrect) opinions and beliefs held at the time or immediately after.

lol i legit actually rewatched that fight yesterday, it was way more decisive for jones than i remembered

I'll rewatch it today. Has been some time since I watched it, but I remember it as very close.

Weird.

I still hear people praising Machida and I still hear people complaining about GSP -Hendricks 3 years on

Conor let mendes take him down on purpose to drain Mendez gas tank. Lol come on conor fanboys, I saw his head bounce off the matt on one of those mendes double legs.

Nate beat conor in the rematch... I'm a Diaz fan but you guys need to stop with this.

You're not defining revisionist correctly.
All of those, except Ryoto, were popular (if incorrect) opinions and beliefs held at the time or immediately after.
Umm, no.

Most thought Cody ran away with the fight. Dominated him.

Most thought the decision should have gone to Hendricks. That changed when he kept complaining about it.

Most people were not saying Jouban ran from Platinum. In fact, I didn't see anybody say that.

The consensus at the time of Cruz/Mighty Mouse was that MM won the striking exchanges but lost the grappling decisively.

Umm, no.

Most thought Cody ran away with the fight. Dominated him.

Most thought the decision should have gone to Hendricks. That changed when he kept complaining about it.

Most people were not saying Jouban ran from Platinum. In fact, I didn't see anybody say that.

The consensus at the time of Cruz/Mighty Mouse was that MM won the striking exchanges but lost the grappling decisively.
<{cruzshake}>
You don't pay nearly enough attention, and you clearly don't know how dumb sherdoggers are.

Randy Couture was dominating Brock Lesnar, before Lesnar landed a lucky punch.

"Penn was never any good" is a running theme now. Many get frustrated by him getting praise, since they don't know what he did. Same goes for Fedor. Weidman gets some of it. Stipe will get a lot of it. It's results-only based sherdogness (or sherdoggery. hmm).

Everytime i watch that fight i score it for gus. I dont think jones really did to much aside from that big elbow. Someone else will talk about how jones crushed so i go back and watch jt and still dont see how they scored it for him

That every fighter is in the best shape of there life heading into every fight.

Back