*What should be TJ's gameplan in order to beat Cody?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Takedowns?
Looking for a KO or just trying to get the rounds?
Kicks?

Anaconda choke?

Outstrike him with his way more diverse striking skills?

TJ is better on the feet and better on the ground, so as long as he uses his kicks and not only box with Cody he's gonna be fine.

Tyler must blend everything well actually, can't concentrate on one thing.

Though testing Cody's TDD really well could be useful.

As far as I understand this school system, Dillashaw is more decorated in wrestling, actually competing in Division 1 in college?

Tyler must blend everything well actually, can't concentrate on one thing.

Though testing Cody's TDD really well could be useful.

As far as I understand this school system, Dillashaw is more decorated in wrestling, actually competing in Division 1 in college?
Yes, TJ is more accomplished in amateur wrestling but that is only because Cody didn't wrestle in college. Both were studs in high school. Their wrestling against Cruz shows that the wrestling is going to be close and probably cancel each other out.

Yes, TJ is more accomplished in amateur wrestling but that is only because Cody didn't wrestle in college. Both were studs in high school. Their wrestling against Cruz shows that the wrestling is going to be close and probably cancel each other out.
Wrestling doesn't even matter at the midgetweight divisions. They are too small to keep anything down. You spend more energy trying to takedown the other guy who can easily pop back up. This will be a pure striking battle.

Wrestling doesn't even matter at the midgetweight divisions. They are too small to keep anything down. You spend more energy trying to takedown the other guy who can easily pop back up. This will be a pure striking battle.
That's not how wrestling works. If the dude is vastly superior in top control then you are staying down. Unless your bottom game is on par.

I think that it will an advantage for Dillashaw honestly - he did well against greater caliber of wrestling, all in all more actual experience vs Cody's 'potential experience'.

Cody concentrated on amateur MMA instead on can say, but TJ has him beaten in MMA experience as well, I would say, so it doesn't count that much.

Yeah, I guess Dillashaw hasn't just held Lineker down, at all, and hasn't elbowed his face off.

Strong observation.

I'd say try to goad Cody into leading aggressively and counter as he comes in. Don't think he has the power to stop Cody so he probably has to win rounds. A timely takedown or two to secure a close round could go a long way also.

Slither up on him in the long grass and bite him on the ankle.

Last edited:
No one can match Garbrandt in a battle of fencing. He has a nice combo of speed and power in a straight line.

Evasive, yet crowding footwork with distance management is key. To do that, finishing combos with kicks is essential.

I would avoid wrestling because again, that's coming in a straight line against Garbrant. Bad idea.

tenor.gif

Cody has a suspect chin. work your footwork, mix his wrestling up to set up boxing

Don't chase. He lost a decision chasing Cruz and Garbrandt made Cruz chase him.

Back