When did you change from Boxing to the UFC

Mcgregor's UFC

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Personally I still love Boxing but it seems like most people are either "Boxing" guys or "MMA" guys these days with few crossovers like myself. With very few being huge fans of both, so my question is when did you lose interest in boxing and become a fan of the UFC? Or were always a MMA/UFC guy?

After the Floyd vs Conor fight. I thought to myself, man boxing has become a joke - might as well just watch this WWE/UFC bullshit instead.

Never...

Stopped watching back when Tyson was cannibalizing Holyfield's ear...20 years ago.

Didn't start watching mma regularly til about ten years ago.

one doesnt have to abandon one interest to add another.

They were showing a TUF marathon on Spike and I watched the entire season that day. Then I kept seeing these promos for a PPV. It was UFC 98 to be exact and it was happening that night. I Remember seeing those promos for Rashad vs. Machida and how they were both undefeated. Damn I was so stoked for it.

Been hooked ever since. Brock, GSP, Silva, Penn, LHW was stacked. When my friends actually cared about the UFC and they'd come over for every PPV. The good ol days.

I still love boxing and man there's nothing like a good boxing scrap, but I definitely enjoy MMA more.

i could never limit myself to one or the other. I love Fighting.The willfully ignorant deprive themselves.

since 2011 causally, 2014 fanatically
I used to box and I really never even cared much for watching boxing back then lol, small town with a couple pro boxers and big gym an hour away, was good at hittin people so I got into it for that

I watched Tyson. Used to watch old boxing matches too. Ali,Frasier,Foreman,Sugar Ray etc. I was a Shane Mosley fan. Right around TUF is when I stopped watching boxing.

Was never a boxing fan aside from watching Mike Tyson highlights on the news.

There was that period like 10 years ago were boxing was stuck at a crossroads, and since k1 is super hard to find in the states, I picked up MMA just for the hell of it. Boxing still my favorite, and kickboxing still my first love, but it's going through it's crisis right now

Ken Shamrock 97 in WWF
That's when Dan Severn was in the WWF as well. They had better fights in WWF than they did in the UFC

I've always exclusively been an MMA fan personally. I've tried getting into boxing, and can definitely appreciate the technique involved, but for whatever reason it just can never keep my interest. Even with Mayweather / Pacquiao, it was hyped beyond belief but I couldn't sit through it.

Never was into Boxing.

1998-2004: WWF/E fan.
2008: Started watching the Fight Quest reality series and a bunch of other martial arts related programming.
2010: Discovered the The Ultimate Fighter and began watching MMA events religiously.

Boxing has been getting very good with its match making of late. Champions are actually fighting other champions.

Floyd/Pac
Floyd/Maidana 1 &2
Canelo/Lara
Thurman/Garcia
GGG/Jacobs
Ward/Kovalev

Never...

Stopped watching back when Tyson was cannibalizing Holyfield's ear...20 years ago.

Didn't start watching mma regularly til about ten years ago.

This. If you stopped watching boxing you were obviously never a real fan of boxing in the first place.

Back