Could Jon Jones even make 265?

Platinum Bless

God's Gift
@Blue
Reaction score
He has the skinniest legs in the world, and his torso is pretty small too. Wouldn't he be at a huge weight disadvantage against most HWs?

No surprise a plats guy made this thread

2eajtzs_medium.jpg

post-440969-0-30321300-1418232026.png

He can make that weight on Crispy Cremes and Pizza Hut. He would look soft as hell though.

Honestly i dont think Jones can be dominant at HW. But this guy appears to be asking if he can make 265,as if that is something he is supposed to do?

Always thought he hovered around the tree fiddy range..

Not all HWs are 265.. he can be in that 245 lbs range.

But he won't.. let's keep it real.

Yup, cuz you can only fight at HW if you weigh 265lbs.....

All issues with Jones are can he get his sh-t together. As tall as he is and probly walking around at 220something division/weight isn't the issue, it's all a matter of can he stop being an immature berzerk cokehead upstate maniac and calm down and focus on fighting so he doesn't pull a Tiger Woods. His talent level is maybe the best ever only Fedor had similar dominance but if he can't get it together he'll always be a woulda coulda shoulda.. I am rooting for him to get it together as it would be good for the sport but am not holding my breath..

its amazing how all other heavyweights manage to weigh in at exactly 265

It's almost like if Jones weighed in at 207 he'd be over the lhw pound limit and therefor a heavyweight

{<doc}

He is probably a few pounds shy from that at LHW already.
You're right maybe up to 240. He's not going to be as big as Chandler who is 260 without chicken legs. If he ever does go up I think he will wreck the division. Hopefully we will get to see it before he wrecks himself. Or we will always be left to wonder ...

image-11-600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Thread/ Bones has skinny legs but they are so long that they probably seem skinnier than they are. Jones is a big dude he dwarfed DC who was obviously a successful HW . I think Jones would do fine at HW and I imagine with a little time and work he could put on even more size pretty easy similar to chandler

Back