Wanderlei Silva: UFC canceled its June 24 event out of respect for Bellator 180

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Bellator is growing a lot. They have a much bigger number of shows now. They're really starting to build their champions, so kudos to them. The company growing non-stop, no doubt about it. Nowadays, Bellator is the number two company, but on June 24, everyone's saying it'll be number one. That's the day we'll beat the UFC, who cancelled their event and changed it to a different day out of respect for us. They're afraid of this show we're putting on, that will be huge, no doubt about it."

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/4/28/1...june-24-event-out-of-respect-bellator-180-mma

Wow. Umm, fighting was a really good career choice for Wanderlei...

UFC better watch out for those Bellator numbers, who needs Conor when you have 50 year old Shamrock

Last edited:
Wand singlehandedly ruined his own legacy.

You'd think that he'd return from his suspension and from his embarrassing lawsuit by the UFC, with some humility and maturity.

but nope. same old delusion. he needs to leave the selling to Sonnen, and focus on being the quiet mean guy. hell, get him a manger to talk for him. Wand should never be allowed to say another word publicly.

Wand singlehandedly ruined his own legacy.

You'd think that he'd return from his suspension and from his embarrassing lawsuit by the UFC, with some humility and maturity.

but nope. same old delusion. he needs to leave the selling to Sonnen, and focus on being the quiet mean guy. hell, get him a manger to talk for him. Wand should never be allowed to say another word publicly.
He needs his own Mr. Fuji, or Bobby "The Brain" to do the lip-work.

WME respects the hands of Scott Coker.

I hate to say it but Wandy has a point. I will watch this event over any watered down UFC event they had planned. And thats my point. I did not even know there was a planned UFC event on the same day. But lets not kid ourselves, If the UFC wanted to put on a stacked PPV on the same day, it would blow any Bellator event out of the water.

I'm team Wand till I die.

hqg-133.gif

I hate to say it but Wandy has a point. I will watch this event over any watered down UFC event they had planned. And thats my point. I did not even know there was a planned UFC event on the same day. But lets not kid ourselves, If the UFC wanted to put on a stacked PPV on the same day, it would blow any Bellator event out of the water.
UFC Fight Night 112 was never scheduled for June 24th. It was always June 25th and they haven't even started promoting it yet. They have FIVE events before that one. So, it's not surprising you didn't know about it.

Bellator isn't really a competitor of UFC. That's like saying a local semi-pro football team is direct competitor of an NFL franchise. No. Just no.

Back