Jacare undergoes surgery for pectoral rupture

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Ronaldo Souza underwent surgery Thursday morning in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

The UFC middleweight contender, who recently suffered a TKO loss to Robert Whittaker in Kansas City, revealed that he suffered a pectoral rupture during his UFC on FOX 24 bout.

Souza underwent a two-and-a-half hour surgery at the Vitoria hospital, and his doctor Rickson Moraes deemed it a success.

“Alongside with Dr. Rickson, I decided to undergo surgery to heal this injury once and for all,” Souza stated in a release. “I'm feeling relieved. I’m already recovering well, and I’ll move one step at a time towards my comeback to training and to the Octagon. I’ll be back soon, stronger and even hungrier to fight., hungrier to win."

Souza’s medical team will be able to provide a timetable for his return to training after he starts physical therapy.

http://www.mmafighting.com/platform...ouza-undergoes-surgery-for-muscle-rupture-ufc

I wonder how long into the fight it happened...

If it was during the time he had Whittaker down, he's pretty classy to not make excuses.

You cant do shit with a pectoral rupture.

Coming off a loss and with new injuries - seems like he made the right choice signing a new contract before the previous one ended [with the Whittaker fight]. Would be tough to negotiate in a position like this.

He clearly had it before the fight started. There were threads asking about if he had ever torn his right pectoral

I ripped my pec while lifting weights worst pain of my life
Same. I ruptured the pectoralis minor tendon and any involuntary contraction felt as though it was being ripped off me...and I couldn't sleep for a few days. The doctors in my area wouldn't perform the surgery, though, so I had to let it heal as best it could which took years.

He lost clean, Whitaker is just the better fighter

WTF does it matter? Really? Whether it happened before, during, after or not at all, it's not going to change the result, or rankings, and Jacare himself has not made a single excuse. So what does it matter? To summarize, STFU.

Whittaker still shatters that glass jaw.
Ah yes. Three (T)KO losses in 30 fights. Quite the glass jaw. I wonder, do you realize when you insult Jacare's chin, you also discredit the impressiveness of Whittaker's win?

could explain why his physique was different...

He lost clean, Whitaker is just the better fighter

You act like that kind of injury prior to the fight had no affect on how he trained or fought?

I'm not saying he would win but what you stated is just dumb.

This is the part about fighting that scares me. I've gone through my career injury free, but some of these guys get operated on, big or small, almost every fight. The fight game is rough and I don't wish injuries on anyone.

This injury explains a lot of things. The contract, the loss, the physique, etc. All of which the naysayers will deny.

What is undeniable is Jacare not making excuses.

Back