Chael Sonnen thinks Tyron Woodley vs Nick Diaz WONT Happen

ironball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Ironically, says its too good to be true. However I know nobody on here thinks diaz deserves to skip maia/masvidal winner (Maia has deserved the shot for ages anyway)

Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011....Why does his name keep coming up in big fights? His last fights against Condit,GSP,and the Spider he got his ass whooped.

I don't think so either - it's a beyond pointless fight to make and a line is developing.

I hope it doesn't happen. Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011, he would be the least deserving challenger in UFC history, worse than Chael and the rest. And also, he isn't actually a big PPV draw, his fights against Anderson Silva and GSP were big draws because he was fighting Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre. His fight with Condit only picked up 400k buys and his last win was bought by only 280k people.

diaz been smoking too much weed and partying on his snapchat. He aint fighting anytime soon.

I hope it doesn't happen. Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011, he would be the least deserving challenger in UFC history, worse than Chael and the rest. And also, he isn't actually a big PPV draw, his fights against Anderson Silva and GSP were big draws because he was fighting Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre. His fight with Condit only picked up 400k buys and his last win was bought by only 280k people.
If a fighter could embody fake news it would be him.

If a fighter could embody fake news it would be him.
The mind boggles at how even legitimate mma journalists still have the misconception that he's somehow a draw and that a title fight would be a compelling fight. When Thales Leites gets Fight of the Night over you, you know there's something wrong - related to the Silva/Diaz fight, which was not that entertaining other than the clowning. It was even worse when BOTH fighters tested positive after the fight, something I don't think had ever happened before. It wasn't competitive or enjoyable to watch as a combat sports enthusiast, and I instead felt bad for paying for the card.

The mind boggles at how even legitimate mma journalists still have the misconception that he's somehow a draw and that a title fight would be a compelling fight. When Thales Leites gets Fight of the Night over you, you know there's something wrong - related to the Silva/Diaz fight, which was not that entertaining other than the clowning. It was even worse when BOTH fighters tested positive after the fight, something I don't think had ever happened before. It wasn't competitive or enjoyable to watch as a combat sports enthusiast, and I instead felt bad for paying for the card.
EXACTLY LOL.

& the clowning was only in the first fucking round & like a few seconds of round two...hah. I re-watched it until the third the other night & just decided to turn it off.

Didn't need to relive Andy's weap-athon either.

EXACTLY LOL.

& the clowning was only in the first fucking round & like a few seconds of round two...hah. I re-watched it until the third the other night & just decided to turn it off.

Didn't need to relive Andy's weap-athon either.

Not to get in between this friendly fire, but let me spell it out for ya

Nick Diaz is an MMA Legend. He's been fighting for a long, long time. He's got serious fans, he's got casual fans. He pulls in the numbers. GSP did about a million buys with Nick. In comparison, he did about 600k with Hendricks.

Anderson also pulled in good numbers against Nick.

GSP asked for Nick, Anderson asked for Nick... now Woodley's asking for Nick, Bisping asked for Nick, Anderson said he wouldn't mind Nick at 212, GSP said he wanted Nick for his return fight.

Forget what the mma journalists are saying, GOAT fighters and champions are calling Nick Diaz out. If you guys can't comprehend 'why', then the shortcoming is on your end.

diaz been smoking too much weed and partying on his snapchat. He aint fighting anytime soon.

The Diaz brothers are old news.

iburythosecockroachesscarfacequote.gif

Not to get in between this friendly fire, but let me spell it out for ya

Nick Diaz is an MMA Legend. He's been fighting for a long, long time. He's got serious fans, he's got casual fans. He pulls in the numbers. GSP did about a million buys with Nick. In comparison, he did about 600k with Hendricks.

Anderson also pulled in good numbers against Nick.

GSP asked for Nick, Anderson asked for Nick... now Woodley's asking for Nick, Bisping asked for Nick, Anderson said he wouldn't mind Nick at 212, GSP said he wanted Nick for his return fight.

Forget what the mma journalists are saying, GOAT fighters and champions are calling Nick Diaz out. If you guys can't comprehend 'why', then the shortcoming is on your end.
<6>

Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011....Why does his name keep coming up in big fights? His last fights against Condit,GSP,and the Spider he got his ass whooped.
"He moves the needle"

The UFC know who is and isn't a draw. You think dana would put up with nick if he wasn't a draw?

i agree, he doesn't deserve a title shot. not even close. super fight? sure

that said, i would pick him over woodley if he shows up prepared

With any luck, Nick vs anybody will never happen.

I certainly don't miss that guy.

Back