Since Floyd and Conor Negotiation at a stand still how long will the UFC let Conor hold the belt ?

J

JollyRants

okhePpJW_400x400.jpg
The Showtime head honcho stephen espinoza said the Conor and Floyd negotiations are a stand still. How long will the UFC let Conor hold the LW division hostage ? If the Floyd fight happens Conor wont defend the belt till next year tops which i doubt because he will be filthy rich from the Floyd fight. The UFC is basically holding the belt hostage themselves because Conor has 0 interest in defending it. How long will they let him hold the belt ?

The belt is irrelevant. Its a security blanket for fighters that couldn't otherwise draw interest from fans. Conor is the king at 155 and 145. When he chooses to fight at either of those weights again he will be defending his crown regardless of whether the UFC calls him champion or not.

Until he officially retires from the UFC.

Even if they do strip him it makes no difference in the long run because they will just give him an instant title shot in both divisions and he'll be back to his old tricks.

tooooo long!! would be nice to see him defend a belt....

conor-mcgregor-s-third-belt-the-lineal-wwe-brawl-for-all-championship.jpg

Only belt that matters

what do they do give it to ferguson for making weight or back to eddie?

The belt is irrelevant. Its a security blanket for fighters that couldn't otherwise draw interest from fans. Conor is the king at 155 and 145. When he chooses to fight at either of those weights again he will be defending his crown regardless of whether the UFC calls him champion or not.

Lol, the rationale from Conor fans never ceases to amaze me. So now the belt is irrelevent huh? LMAO. Then why do Conor and the fans for that matter make such a big deal about him being the :chuckle: champ in two different weight classes and why is he so deathly afraid to defend them?

Showtime already said the fight is most likely not happening and all the hype was just trying to bring eyes to Conor/UFC

I expect Conor to do exactly what he said back in November. Take 10 months off. So I expect in Sept/October there will be some kind of fight announcement. It won't be Mayweather. It will be Conor vs someone else in the UFC. I just hope the UFC can grow some kind of testicular fortitude between now and them and get him to defend his belt.

He can hold his Ufc replica belts,and memories at home,just let others fight for real one

He's the king at 155 until he loses it or gets stripped. If he gets stripped because he refuses to defend, then he's not the king, and just a coward. He's not the king at 145, and that's a result of his own stupidity and poor decisions.

okhePpJW_400x400.jpg
The Showtime head honcho stephen espinoza said the Conor and Floyd negotiations are a stand still. How long will the UFC let Conor hold the LW division hostage ? If the Floyd fight happens Conor wont defend the belt till next year tops which i doubt because he will be filthy rich from the Floyd fight. The UFC is basically holding the belt hostage themselves because Conor has 0 interest in defending it. How long will they let him hold the belt ?
FOr a long time, but there is a deadline for the Floyd and Conor fight too, they cant keep on for years, Conor will wanna fight.

Other then that they would pull in a interimbelt for a fight between other fighters but look at the history of inactivity with Chris Weidman and Cain Velasquez, UFC can have extreme patience with inactive fighters.

GSP was out for 2 years and wasn't stripped. Conor taking 10 months off isn't anything lol why do people constantly talk about stripping champions.

I expect Conor to do exactly what he said back in November. Take 10 months off. So I expect in Sept/October there will be some kind of fight announcement. It won't be Mayweather. It will be Conor vs someone else in the UFC. I just hope the UFC can grow some kind of testicular fortitude between now and them and get him to defend his belt.

This.

This is all for him to stay relavent and one the limelight while he's not fighting. Talking trash for 10 months to fellow UFC fighters won't really work since eventually people will get tired of it and just say "stop talking and fight X fighter already". Trash talking mayweather keeps him a star all the while not having to fight.

Back