Holly Holm confident she’s “in the mix” despite skid

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now, ahead of her upcoming June showdown with former bantamweight title challenger Bethe Correia, Holly Holm spoke on The MMA Hour to discuss why she feels she’s still “in the mix” despite her recent 3-fight skid:

“I still feel like I’m in the mix and I still feel like I am competitive and up in the top. So, you never know when that next opportunity can come.”

“I think after having the belt, it was more like, ‘Wow, I’ve only had two fights in UFC before they gave me my title fight.’ I always feel my career is on a fast track, but I was on a faster track and I felt everybody coming and felt I needed to get even better.”

“Maybe I got just a little too antsy with some of that instead of taking it day by day and each day at a time,” she continued. “Maybe I was kind of worried about everything rather than what was going on at the moment. Hopefully, I learned from those mistakes and make it all worth something now.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/holly-holm/holly-holm-confident-shes-mix-despite-skid/

The fact that someone who has lost 3 straight is still "in the mix" tells me all i need to know about women's 135/145.

Hopefully Bethe is ready for the "ISH ISH ISH" dominating strikes of Holly

Last edited:
She's got a tall order ahead of her....Anton is no joke.

No%2BCountry%2Bfor%2BOld%2BMen_Anton%2BChigurh.jpg

I will always love Holly whether she wins or loses because she gave us the best WMMA moment ever.

Funny, so does Christopher Weidman!

3 strikes use to mean you were out but apparently 3 strikes means you are as good as ever.

She's not wrong, that's how bad the depth is in wmma.

I'll buy it.

Currency, the rankings are:
Champion : Amanda Nunes
1 Valentina Shevchenko

2 Julianna Pena

3 Ronda Rousey

4 Raquel Pennington

5 Holly Holm

6 Sara McMann

7 Cat Zingano

8 Liz Carmouche

9 Alexis Davis

10 Germaine de Randamie

11 Bethe Correia

12 Marion Reneau

13 Ketlen Vieira

14 Katlyn Chookagian

15 Ashlee Evans-Smith

She beat the two women immediately ranked above her.

Many would favor her over Pena.

A fight between her and Nunes would be entertaining, and not be surprised if Holly outboxes Nunes.

A fight between her and Nunes would be entertaining, and not be surprised if Holly outboxes Nunes.
Nah. Nunes hits too hard and is too tough for Holly. Barring a lucky kick, I don't see it happening.

Always a special place for Holly , due to her derailment of the Honda-Hype train .

Rumors going around that Germaine wants to retire? lol why the fuck would she retire when she can get PPV points?

Holly will always be in the mix.

Back