Does Krav Maga work?

OlympicDom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I remember a dude from my high school who thought he was the shit and could fuck anybody up in a fight because he'd trained in Krav Maga for 6 years. He was a douchebag and I always wondered if he and I fought, would he pull off some army style maneuver where he'd break my neck just by twisting his hands, or was it all bullshit? Is Krav Maga similar to all the other impractical martial arts like Aikido, or is for real?

wrong place to post

Krav Maga attacks the eyes. Pretty sure that would work in any fight.

He would have fucked you up at school, not so much in a ring.

IIRC Mossad uses it. So I imagine it works. I do not think it works for UFC though.

I remember a dude from my high school who thought he was the shit and could fuck anybody up in a fight because he'd trained in Krav Maga for 6 years. He was a douchebag and I always wondered if he and I fought, would he pull off some army style maneuver where he'd break my neck just by twisting his hands, or was it all bullshit? Is Krav Maga similar to all the other impractical martial arts like Aikido, or is for real?
Why didn't u just fight him and find out. He probably would've ur ass u sound soft

He would have fucked you up at school, not so much in a ring.
How the fuck do you know ? Fact is most of that shit is just that SHIT. And it doesn't work in street fights with ball kicking and biting and small joint manipulation. Just because you go to classes doesn't mean you can fight weith

Yes. Poking someone in the eye, punching them in the throat or kicking them in the groin will generally incapacitate them.

But there are very few legit Krav Maga teachers. Most are just like McDojo martial arts studio owners.

Russian "systema" is pretty similiar and doesn't work well in MMA, for example.
Also, doesn't Krav Maga focus on things that are illegal in MMA anyway? Also a lot of stuff against armed opponents.

Very much so. And it's deadly. Especially in real life and not in a sport where there are rules forbidding groin shots, eye pokes and small joint manipulation etc.

I have trained Krav Maga for nearly 10 years, on and off for the last 4 tho. When combined with some basic BJJ I am unstoppable with an unarmed opponent.

Krav Maga is real.
But it is not like other martial arts.
It is geared to end the battle quick, and invariably to injury the other person.
It can't work with MMA because most things are obviously illegal in a sanctioned fight.

But i reckon there's a huge difference between the one taught by the Israeli army and the one taught in a gym.

Dude would stab you with a pen in your ear, while you talk to you class mates.

But i reckon there's a huge difference between the one taught by the Israeli army and the one taught in a gym.

Yeah, in the Krav Maga gym you're sparring with another fighter, whereas in the army you spar with palestinian children ololol

Yeah, in the Krav Maga gym you're sparring with another fighter, whereas in the army you spar with palestinian children ololol
Any Palestinian child would fuck you up in real life.

I'm no expert, but 100% of the Krav Maga I've seen outside Israel is training with a very compliant partner with no sparring involved.
As such it would have very limited real world application, because things change drastically when you're not just allowed to do your thing.

Again, this is just anecdotal.

It's very individual. You people need to live life, not feed your delusional imagination. Krav Maga is not a skill learned in a computer game when you ding a certain level, so you can use it every time as an attack and deal X damage.

Sure, there are some techniques in every martial art that work in real life if you apply them, but there is so much more to it than just learning the moves. If you're an average guy in decent shape and you are skilled in Krav Maga or any other art and you're for the most part normal and balanced person, chances are you will lose a fight against some guy that has been in hundreds of fights, doesn't care about going to jail or even killing someone, is much bigger than you and so on. What if that guy is faster, stronger and has much better reflexes than you, how does Krav Maga or any martial art help you there? Do you really think some soldier or a commando would stand a chance against a Brock Lesnar type juiced animal lifting him up and slamming him into the concrete?

You can't spar for real life situations, especially if you end up fighting people who are willing to kill you for a few bucks or just because they need adrenaline, so it's really all theoretical until it happens.

Any Palestinian child would fuck you up in real life.

It's actually a real issue, go look it up. Don't get offended at me because of a joke that raises awareness to the issue of human-rights-violations in Israel, especially by the army.

Kicks to the groin and eye poking definitely work. However, the idea that you're gonna be able to memorize a string of attacks/movements, which seems to be what krav maga teaches, it ludicrous.

It all works under the right circumstances, would it work against somebody with boxing and bjj behind them? Probably not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back