Belfort vs Marquardt set for UFC 212

Who wins?

• Total voters

guiigianni

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
UFC will provide Belfort his last fight in Rio like he asked for, but with this news virtually AS won't fight anymore in the event.

Sh*t, I must watch AS fighting live.

untitled-1.jpg

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...tor-belfort-encara-nate-marquardt-no-rio.html

what a wierd fight.

but thats cool.

in brazil vitor and nate can take their sups that they like, but only if usada doesnt stop them.

vitor ko.

if vitor tests positive for anything before this fight, will the partypoopers usada still can the fight and pull him? i mean its vitors last fight, let the guy have some of that juice he loves. and we all love him having.

if that was the case and vitor got a free pass for what ever he wanted, i think some how just pull nate out 4 weeks from the fight, have weidman step in and we could still see trtvitor decapitate weidmans head from his body and kick it into the 24th row like we were meant to see when they were originally meant to fight when the tue was legal.

Nate The Great by KO

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...tor-belfort-encara-nate-marquardt-no-rio.html

SIR

Crude Brazilian Portuguese to English translation.

At the end of the UFC contract, Vitor Belfort faces Nate Marquardt in Rio

"Phenom" tries to end the bad phase against veteran, who also comes from defeat

Vitor Belfort has just one more fight scheduled in his contract with Ultimate. And the Brazilian will enter the octagon, possibly for the last time, against Nate Marquardt at UFC 212, scheduled for June 3 in Rio de Janeiro. The information of verbal agreement between the two parties was determined by Combate.com from sources close to the organization. The contract, however, has not yet been signed.

The uncertainty of Anderson Silva's presence on the event's card, due to Kelvin Gastelum's suspension of doping after the fight against Belfort himself, led the UFC to seek a new weight name, such as Vitor Belfort, to keep the Interest in the tournament. The fight came to meet a desire of Vitor himself, who had asked the UFC that his last fight was in his hometown.

After being knocked out by Kelvin Gastelum at UFC Fortaleza on March 11, Belfort had already expressed a desire to end his career in his hometown of Rio de Janeiro. At age 40, the "Phenomenon" has 25 wins and 14 losses in its cartel.

His opponent is also a veteran of the sport. The 37-year-old is a former Strikeforce champion and is in trouble - he has lost seven of the last ten fights in his career, the last against Sam Alvey.

Meh...

This is such a stupid fight.

If Vitor wins, who really gives a flying fuck? If Nate wins, it's old and washed up version of Vitor.

Also, how crap would it be for Vitor to retire in Rio at the hands of Nate Marquardt lol.

Ahhh boy, them great matchmakers at it again.

I hope to see Vitor retire with a spectacular KO.

I really like it. Two of the best MWs throughout the years. Marquardt is no legend, but he was one of the very best fighters when he was in his prime.

This fight isn't supposed to move things forward in that division, but it's a great way to retire both fighters. Vitor has fought the best, even when he was clearly done (Jacare, Mousasi). As for giving the young talent a chance, he already did the job with Kelvin, so he can fight another chinny vet on his way out.

I think I'll finally see a Vitor KO in a long time

Those beards are virtually identical Joe

This is such a stupid fight.

If Vitor wins, who really gives a flying fuck? If Nate wins, it's old and washed up version of Vitor.

Also, how crap would it be for Vitor to retire in Rio at the hands of Nate Marquardt lol.

Ahhh boy, them great matchmakers at it again.

I don't understand, who you was expecting?
Nate is KOable and slow, just like non-TRT Vitor, it's pretty even IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back