UPDATE: Jessica Eye vs. Aspen Ladd at TUF 25 finale CANCELLED

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

---

A women’s bantamweight scrap between Jessica Eye and Aspen Ladd has been added to July’s “The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale” event in Las Vegas.

Jessica Eye (11-6 MMA) will return to action for the first time since suffering a controversial split-decision loss to former division title challenger Bethe Correia at this past September’s UFC 203 event in Cleveland, Ohio.

“Evil” finds herself in desperate need of a win, this after suffering four decision losses in a row.

With that said, Eye’s most recent setbacks have come to top contenders Julianna Pena, Miesha Tate and Sara McMann and the aforementioned Bethe Correia respectively.

Jessica Eye’s most recent win came at UFC 180, when she scored a second-round TKO victory over Leslie Smith.

Meanwhile, Aspen Ladd (5-0 MMA) will make her promotional debut when she squares off with Jessica Eye on July 7 in Sin City.

The undefeated 22-year-old, Aspen Ladd, was most recently seen in action at January’s Invicta FC 21 event where she earned a decision victory over Sijara Eubanks.

Four of Ladd’s five career victories have come by way of stoppage. Aspen has scored three TKO victories and one submission win in her young career.

“The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale” event takes place July 7 live from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

With the addition of Eye vs. Ladd, the “TUF 25 Finale” fight card now looks as follows:

Gray Maynard vs. Teruto Ishihara – Featherweight
Elias Theodorou vs. Brad Tavares – Middleweight
Jared Cannonier vs. Steve Bossé – Light Heavyweight
Marc Diakiese vs. Drakkar Klose – Lightweight
Jessica Eye vs. Aspen Ladd – Women’s bantamweight

aspen-ladd-invicta-11-photo-by-cynthia-vance.jpg

Aspen-Ladd-InvictaFC.jpg

125072.jpg

jessica-eye-ufc-fight-night-88-weigh-ins.jpg

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jessica-eye/jessica-eye-vs-aspen-ladd-set-for-july-in-las-vegas/

Last edited by a moderator:
Eye? I'm starting to wonder what she did to the suits...

Ladd has looked like a damn savage in Invicta.

I truly believe Dana (or some other UFC head) is smashing Eye
No way in hell she could be still on the roster if not

This is where I wanted to google Aspen Ladd to come across as knowledgable and pretend I knew her from her amateur days.

Five potential losses in row for Eye, that's got to be some kind of UFC record.

LOL...

Aspen 5 - 0.

Eye going for her 5th straight UFC loss. That would have to be a record I'd think.

Aspen via dec. Eye gonna get outwrestled once again.

well u kno what they say...5th time is a charm

Kind of glad I won't be having to fast forward through TUF episodes to see Ladd's next few fights. A point for Sean Shelby.

So excited for this fight!!!!!!!!!! Fights like this are why the ratings are thru the roof!!!!! God bless Sean Shelby!

Jessica Eye’s most recent win came at UFC 180

Ouch

It wasn't so long ago that Jessica Eye was talked about as legit contender for the title. She's 1-5-1 NC in the last four years. That's WMMA.

WMMA is so thin , can't even get rid of girls on a huge losing skid.

Probably 2 more wins and she gets a title shot. ?

"Yes, a Jessica Eye fight! I can't wait! It will be the fight of the night!" - said no one ever

Back