Showtime Boxing: #MayMac will probably not happen. UFC just wanted the publicity

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The President of Showtime Boxing said the UFC is only interested in the publicity for it and doesnt seem to want Conor to fight Floyd.

Showtime Boxing said they will only pay for #MayMac if it happens this year, because interest will die down if it happens next year.

Starts around the 42 min mark

Last edited:
seemed pretty likely the whole time that the fight wasnt going to happen and that the ufc / conor was looking for headlines while conor was out

Fuck Showtime I don't give a fuck.

- Kenny Florian

Good.

Most stupidest fight EVER

The fight wont happen. I know for a fact McGregor is facing winner of Aldo/Holloway

seemed pretty likely the whole time that the fight wasnt going to happen and that the ufc / conor was looking for headlines while conor was out
It's easy to believe they just want the publicity. Plus mayweather would require so much money even though everyone would probably still make a profit it's probably more lucrative just to milk the publicity for UFC fights

I knew Dana White was pretending he is going to tell Conor hey I tried man I really did but it couldn;t get done and have Conor fight for 1 to 2 million a fight again while he rakes in the dough.

its a bad deal for the UFC..its that simple.. and they want Conor to continue bringing in money for them.
If Conor makes enough from this 1 fight, then retires and makes MMA look silly from then on, then its a bad deal for the UFC.

The UFC will make more money from Conor fighting 4-5 times in the UFC then him fighting once, the UFC getting a slightly bigger payday then normal, probably not even! then Conor retiring..

UFC aint letting that happen..

Last edited:
Dana is the negotiator for the UFC and Conor.. that right there should've told one, that this fight would prob never happen. If it does, Conor gets the old Floyd who will bite down on that mouthpiece and finish him. No need to box for 12 rounds to get paid per round, when it would be a ten rounder and a set purse regardless of bout length.

Who is Conor going to fight then? He doesn't seem down to fight anyone

It is called negotiating. When Showtime gets mad that UFC and Conor are not budging they say this shit. Vice versa. It is in talks. Obviously Conor wants it. UFC and him have shit squared away.

The two are just negotiating through the media.

Book the fight. Don't book the fight I don't give a fuck. I just want something to happen. I don't want to be here in 6 months time reading this will they won't they bs.

Good. Book El Cucuy vs Leprechaun for the summer.

its a bad deal for the UFC..its that simple.. and they want Conor to continue bringing in money for them.
If Conor makes enough from this 1 fight, then retires and makes MMA look silly from then on, then its a bad deal for the UFC.

After all is said and done Conor makes around $15-$20 million a fight. That's nowhere near the cash that he would make boxing Floyd, but it's still pretty good and more than most top boxers make.

So Woodley vs Conor in July is a very real possibility

This sounds a lot like the bullshit fans were going through with mayweather pacquiao. Everyone from every side will say the same thing over and over. One side always claims the other isn't interested.

I still hope it doesn't happen.

After all is said and done Conor makes around $15-$20 million a fight. That's nowhere near the cash that he would make boxing Floyd, but it's still pretty good and more than most top boxers make.

At the end of the day.. its all about what Conor can make for the UFC and Conor would make a lot more for the UFC if he fought multiple times for them then if he had a 1 off Floyd fight then retired straight after. that's what I think anyways.

plus the possibility of Floyd embarrassing Conor and killing the hype of MMA and UFC for the casual fans. Im just seeing this as a win for Conor and Floyd but UFC is the one that isn't going to benefit at all from it.

I've never thought it actually would. Not while Conor is under contract.

That's what I've been saying.

It was way too weird for Dana to pull a complete 180 and go from saying a definite no to the fight; suggesting it was more likely for him to quarter back in the nfl... to being so fan friendly about the fight- saying its what the fans want, and they'll try to make it happen...etc

It was obvious PR bullshit from Dana. I knew things must have been real bad between the UFC and Conor with Dana having to go into PR mode on the defensive, to prevent any public backlash towards the company.

The boxing-side have been saying on and on that it isn't happening because the UFC wants too much of a cut. Arum stated 50%, Jeff Mayweather stated 80%...

Back