In reality, a boxer just has to learn how to wrestle just enough to make takedowns difficult!

blkdynamite

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I find it funny how untrained people make takedowns sound easy. The average people does NOT
know how to wrestle. Plus, most people are inclined to stand up when they fight. A person who wrestled in high school does not make him Daniel Cormier.

It worked for Chuck Liddell, Mirko Crocop and Wonderboy for years.

Chuck learned how to stand back up. and basic defensive BJJ (after Horn choked him unconscious).

CroCop learned a lot of defensive BJJ as well. from Werdum and others.

so you're close. defensive JJ, clinch fighting, and how to keep from getting down and/or how to stand back up quickly (like Chuck was so good at).

but Sakara and many others found themselves unable to do "just" that. so let's not pretend it's as easy as twiddlywinks.

<{MindBrown}>

So you are saying learning takedowns aren't easy, but learning takedown defense is?

It worked for Chuck Liddell, Mirko Crocop and Wonderboy for years.

Chuck wrestled collegiately, Cro Cop had a freak sprawl, Wonderboy couldn't beat a high level wrestler in Woodley, and none of those 3 have a boxing base....

<{MindBrown}>

So you are saying learning takedowns aren't easy, but learning takedown defense is?

Its a lot easier to stop a takedown from a good wrestler, especially in an MMA fight, than it is to take down a good wrestler.

Defensive wrestling is a LOT easier to learn than offensive wrestling.

Right which is why we see so many more boxers crossing over to MMA than wrestlers....

<{cruzshake}>

April 22

Boxing
Berto: $1.2 million
Porter: $1 million

U.F.C. (without FOTN bonus)
Lobov: $17,000
Swanson: $120,000

Its a lot easier to stop a takedown from a good wrestler, especially in an MMA fight, than it is to take down a good wrestler.

Defensive wrestling is a LOT easier to learn than offensive wrestling.

Perhaps but learning fundamental technical strikes is easier to learn and easier to practice than both imo

NO FUCKING SHIT?

HOT DAMN.

WELL I'M GETTING THAT TATTOOED ON MY BUTTHOLE. RIGHT NOW.

THANKS FOR YOUR SMARTNESS!

Back