Middleweight champion Michael Bisping backtracking!

yoelmcgregor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bisping said he’ll definitely be defending his title against St-Pierre next, but he doesn’t know then. The UFC wanted it to be the headliner of its annual blockbuster July show, but Bisping said he has been told it’ll be later in the year. Which is fine with him, because he’s healing from a knee injury and said he can’t even straighten out his leg all the way right now.

“GSP is gonna do it,” Bisping said. “It’ll be a little bit later in the year. Listen, we had a press conference. The fans want it, he wants, I want it. It’ll be a big payday. Make a lot of money. I don’t think it’ll be July. I’m 99 percent certain on that. A couple more months later — maybe October.

“But it’s now looking like October is probably more likely.”

ONE MONTH AGO

"I want to fight [during] International Fight Week, July 8,"

If he's not ready, then I guess Yoel Romero gets his title shot," Bisping said. "Listen, I'm not afraid of Yoel Romero. If GSP wants to fight, of course, there's a great storyline there. It's Georges St-Pierre coming back, fighting for the middleweight title, we've been over this a million times. Everyone's heard about this, and it's great, and it'll do big business--but...I'm not willing to sit around, and he doesn't get to call the shots. It's my belt. I'm not just some little asshole waiting in the wings for my title shot."

"I've got the belt and I'm in my prime," Bisping said. "I don't want to sit around for a year. If we don't fight until September or October, that will be a year, and I'm not willing to wait a year for Georges St-Pierre, regardless. I might as well do two fights in that one year and still make the same money.

Michael-Bisping-Savage-impersonation-Yoel-Romero.jpg

"champion Michael Bisping"

Still sounds cringeworthy

Bisping was probably drunk during the interview a month ago.

Bisping is a talker and a paper champ. He said he wanted a fight last fall, Jacare offered a fight and Bisping declined lol he also could have rescheduled the Yoel fight after UFC Anaheim got replaced by UFC Brooklyn but didn't, and accepted a money fight with a WW that puts the best division in the UFC right now on hold until next year. That's fucking ridiculous.

Truth is that Bisping wants nothing to do with best of 185 and is cashing out before he retires.

Bispings run as champion is as fake as his glass eye. I'm sick of this wanker.

I'm going to savor when Mike loses his belt. It's too bad he'll still be able to go to his grave knowing he held UFC gold and has a "W" (certainly not a win) over Anderson Silva.

Unrelated or maybe not. UFC has a card slated for September in Edmonton... We all know GSP love fighting I'm Canada.

I'm going to savor when Mike loses his belt. It's too bad he'll still be able to go to his grave knowing he held UFC gold and has a "W" (certainly not a win) over Anderson Silva.
Not only that, he might possible beat two GOATS, plus Rockhold...
f29.png

Bisping said he’ll definitely be defending his title against St-Pierre next, but he doesn’t know then. The UFC wanted it to be the headliner of its annual blockbuster July show, but Bisping said he has been told it’ll be later in the year. Which is fine with him, because he’s healing from a knee injury and said he can’t even straighten out his leg all the way right now.

“GSP is gonna do it,” Bisping said. “It’ll be a little bit later in the year. Listen, we had a press conference. The fans want it, he wants, I want it. It’ll be a big payday. Make a lot of money. I don’t think it’ll be July. I’m 99 percent certain on that. A couple more months later — maybe October.

“But it’s now looking like October is probably more likely.”

ONE MONTH AGO

"I want to fight [during] International Fight Week, July 8,"

If he's not ready, then I guess Yoel Romero gets his title shot," Bisping said. "Listen, I'm not afraid of Yoel Romero. If GSP wants to fight, of course, there's a great storyline there. It's Georges St-Pierre coming back, fighting for the middleweight title, we've been over this a million times. Everyone's heard about this, and it's great, and it'll do big business--but...I'm not willing to sit around, and he doesn't get to call the shots. It's my belt. I'm not just some little asshole waiting in the wings for my title shot."

"I've got the belt and I'm in my prime," Bisping said. "I don't want to sit around for a year. If we don't fight until September or October, that will be a year, and I'm not willing to wait a year for Georges St-Pierre, regardless. I might as well do two fights in that one year and still make the same money.

Michael-Bisping-Savage-impersonation-Yoel-Romero.jpg
Bisping was just trying to smoke out GSP, and make him step up. No one believed Bisping would fight anyone else if he could get his hands on GSP. What if he lost or was injured, and missed out on the biggest payday of his career? The UFC would never let him fight anyone else anyway.
Bisping will not get two times the pay he normally does. It will probably be more like 8-10 times with the ppv cut and all.

Everyone from Mighty Mouse to Stipe would fight GSP in his comeback fight if they could.

Bisping was just trying to smoke out GSP, and make him step up. No one believed Bisping would fight anyone else if he could get his hands on GSP. What if he lost or was injured, and missed out on the biggest payday of his career? The UFC would never let him fight anyone else anyway.

Everyone from Mighty Mouse to Stipe would fight GSP in his comeback fight if they could.

Stipe gotta get by JDS first before he can even think about getting a crack at GSP lol.

Bisping will not get two times the pay he normally does. It will probably be more like 8-10 times with the ppv cut and all.

Actually nah, this is not the same situation as Eddie/Conor/Khabib because gsp already wanted this fight in september/october. So how did Bisping made him to step up. Nothing has changed. Fight is not happening any sooner

Bisping's become my favourite champ. I'm really curious to see how long he can hold on to that thing.

Actually nah, this is not the same situation as Eddie/Conor/Khabib because gsp already wanted this fight in september/october. So how did Bisping made him to step up. Nothing has changed. Fight is not happening any sooner
What do you mean? He wanted GSP to fight sooner, so he threatened to take another fight if GSP didn't step up.

It didn't work very well, since the only way the UFC could get GSP back was a fight vs Bisping. That was GSPs demand. The UFC would obviously not let Bisping fight Yoel or anyone else. That would spoil the GSP comeback.

so a fight that was never announced.....still isn't announced for a different date?

awesome news!

Back