DC weighed 236 vs. Rumble according to John McCarthy

Danespina

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
According to Big John McCarthy, DC weighed 236 pounds when he fought Rumble. When asked how he knew he said "cause we weighed him."

I thought Cormier had to keep his weight close to 215-220 due to past kidney issues from cutting?

and people say 1 more pound wouldn't hurt. His body was fuckin finished. and he is right weight cutting is more dangerous than peds.

cormicake.gif

I really can't understand those guys.

They work hard as fuck, but despite all this work and sacrifice they seemingly can't master themselves enough to cut their calories a bit, to lose the gut....

Would make his cut to 205 a breeze, and he wouldn't have to cheat to make weight.

Not to mention that he has fucked up kidneys, so he's gambling with his life with every weigh cut. :/

huh. i want elaboration. who weighted him? was it for fun, or did the AC do it? he had sweat pants on, so i have to assume it was just a casual thing....

and let's not lose track of his actual point; that weight cutting has gone beyond the pale (pail?) and needs to be reigned in.

Ballooning up that much is unprofessional as hell imo.

I'm sick of drastic weight cuts and the UFC should do something about them. Weight classes are fine, but severe weight cuts are a joke.

Wand was 226 or something at one time. Rumble was 230.2 lb for the Arlovski HW fight.

"everyone is doing it.....Im not surprised" -Nate Diaz :)

Lmao that's total bs.. he weighed 220-222 max .. nice try though big phony

Weighed in @ 205
Was actually 207.
With sweatpants/clothes lets say 210.

So really he would have had to gain 26 pounds by the time of the fight, which isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Ballooning up that much is unprofessional as hell imo.

I'm sick of drastic weight cuts and the UFC should do something about them. Weight classes are fine, but severe weight cuts are a joke.

Agreed. There's lots of unique ideas of how to ban weight cutting. I think the easiest would be to simply weigh them in cage side and announce their weights. If over X percentage above weight class, they get fined 20% but fights all still go on as normal so long as they made the official weight

Let the purse fines and bashing from fans convince guys to either move up or manage weight closer

Lmao that's total bs.. he weighed 220-222 max .. nice try though big phony

Why would John lie? Even after towel gate, Cormier said, people wouldn't believe how much weight he put on after the weigh in.

He should lose that extra weight and if he doesnt then he should go back to HW

I really can't understand those guys.

They work hard as fuck, but despite all this work and sacrifice they seemingly can't master themselves enough to cut their calories a bit, to lose the gut....

Would make his cut to 205 a breeze, and he wouldn't have to cheat to make weight.

Not to mention that he has fucked up kidneys, so he's gambling with his life with every weigh cut. :/

His weight is a huge advantage when he's wrestling. Can you imagine being underneath that guy?

But you're right he shouldn't be gambling with his health like that. But he takes punches to the head for a living so I'm not that surprised.

His weight is a huge advantage when he's wrestling. Can you imagine being underneath that guy?

But you're right he shouldn't be gambling with his health like that. But he takes punches to the head for a living so I'm not that surprised.

Not sure I buy it, to be fair....

Would 10-15 pounds of lard really be that useful?

Compared to feeling much healthier and fresher with less weight and less dehydration...

Weighed in @ 205
Was actually 207.
With sweatpants/clothes lets say 210.

So really he would have had to gain 26 pounds by the time of the fight, which isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Probably something like this. Also, he probably went from an empty stomach to stuffing himself before the fight. That's a few pounds as well. Still, crazy amount of water weight.

And people say Jon Jones is too big. By the time Jones starts cutting water weight he's around 211 lbs. To be fair DC has fought at HW before and is fighting at LHW because of Cain. Jones is long, but weight wise he is in the right division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back