Jorge Masvidal on fighting teammate and champion Tyron Woodley for the WW title.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

“I’ve known Woodley for nine-plus years, ten-plus years. We’ve worked out together plenty,” Masvidal told Submission Radio. “He’s one of the guys who used to slam me all around the place. I was at 155, he was at 170 pounds and he was just the wrestler that is a superpower. So that was one of the dudes that got my wrestling a little better from going with guys like that. He knows where my strengths are, I know where his strengths are.”

“No (issues fighting). Not on my end, or at Tyron Woodley’s end,” Masvidal said on a separate interview with UFC Tonight. “We’re both good friends. I get along just fine with Woodley. He’s actually showed me a lot things in the past, and I’ve worked with him in the past training to help him get ready to fight. There’s no hard feelings if me and hit had to scrap.”

Masvidal, who was born and raised in Miami, Florida, also gave an analogy about two of the biggest sports stars the city has had.

“I’m LeBron and he’s Dwyane Wade. We split up teams, we meet in the Finals,” he said. “We’re going sit out because we were teammates at one point? Hell no. I’m here to get this money. I’ve got kids to feed.”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/4/2...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Yeah he ain't getting a TS anytime soon. or ever.

He is not getting past Maia though... He is about to take some BJJ clinic and go back in the rankings

Masvidal is LeBron... lmao...

More like Imam Shumpert.

But Woodley definitely had a problem fighting against Lombard.

Why does Woodley have to be Dwayne Wade? Is it because he is black?

Let me try...Why he no get title shot?
Masvidal said it himself, UFC only uses him to get rid of the other fighters they don't like. They're not giving Masvidal a title shot. He's an unknown fighter who is good enough to win the belt. No casuals know who Jorge Masvidal is. He barely does interviews and stays off social media. Dude is practically invisible. You think Woodley wants that fight? There's no money in that fight.

Last edited:
Masvidal is not getting a title shot anytime soon

I still think this is a bad fight to make for both Maia and Masvidal.

Maia's a great fighter, and been around a long time. He's getting up there in age, at a time where (in my opinion) Maia doesn't have many fights left. He's paid his dues and earned his title shot, and I think he should get the next crack at Woodley. It would be a shame for him to have gotten so close and never taken that last step, given how he actually earned his shot and hasn't tried to simply talk his way into a title shot.

Masvidal is a rising contender, and proving to be a legitimate threat at 170. I understand his point of view completely about having to fight a friend, and have no doubt he would bring it in a bout against Woodley. SInce Woodley announced he's in camp and has an opponent for July, the popular consensus is that it's Nick Diaz he'll be fighting.

Diaz doesn't deserve the title shot, and a fight with Masvidal should be appealing to Diaz. Masvidal seems like the type of fighter that would stand a trade shots with him ( and I would even go so far as to call that fight a toss up).

Having Maia fight Masvidal at a time where the division is starting to get stale (among the top 10) seems like a foolish idea. Putting two legitimate contenders together to determine the next title shot is normally a good thing, but in this case, I don't agree. WW seems to be getting slow since the pair of Woodley/Wonderboy matchups.

Masvigoat will walk through Maia but he'll still never sniff a title shot. UFE gonna UFE

I still think this is a bad fight to make for both Maia and Masvidal.

Maia's a great fighter, and been around a long time. He's getting up there in age, at a time where (in my opinion) Maia doesn't have many fights left. He's paid his dues and earned his title shot, and I think he should get the next crack at Woodley. It would be a shame for him to have gotten so close and never taken that last step, given how he actually earned his shot and hasn't tried to simply talk his way into a title shot.

Masvidal is a rising contender, and proving to be a legitimate threat at 170. I understand his point of view completely about having to fight a friend, and have no doubt he would bring it in a bout against Woodley. SInce Woodley announced he's in camp and has an opponent for July, the popular consensus is that it's Nick Diaz he'll be fighting.

Diaz doesn't deserve the title shot, and a fight with Masvidal should be appealing to Diaz. Masvidal seems like the type of fighter that would stand a trade shots with him ( and I would even go so far as to call that fight a toss up).

Having Maia fight Masvidal at a time where the division is starting to get stale (among the top 10) seems like a foolish idea. Putting two legitimate contenders together to determine the next title shot is normally a good thing, but in this case, I don't agree. WW seems to be getting slow since the pair of Woodley/Wonderboy matchups.
Maia doesn't have many fights left? Dude hasn't taken a punch in his last 4 fights. If his style remains effective he can keep fighting until he's well into his 40's. He takes zero damage and he takes care of himself.

Masvidal said it himself, UFC only uses him to get rid of the other fighters they don't like. They're not giving Masvidal a title shot. He's an unknown fighter who is good enough to win the belt. No casuals know who Jorge Masvidal is. He barely does interviews and stays off social media. Dude is practically invisible. You think Woodley wants that fight? There's no money in that fight.

Was Wonderboy that big name when he got a title shot?

Are they really teammates at this point? It sounds like Woodley trained at ATT in Miami while he was learning the game, but now spreads his training camps around. He owns an ATT gym in St Louis, so he's still part of the family, but besides that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back