Why are fans so quick to jump on a trash talker bandwagon?

slivercord

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Any one who comes to the ufc and starts to talk shit, gets immediately 20 threads a day, it happend with Connor and now this Mike Perry kid. I guess you're mouth pay the bills. That's exactly what moose said, is that part of the game so important to you?

Entertainment factor. Get people to either love you or hate you, and they will talk about you.

Do you think anyone would watch pro wrestling if they were all humble and respectable to each other?

MMA has the exact same audience.

1) boredom
2) trolling opportunities
3) stupidity

In that order, I suspect

Sad fact of life here. While MM gets mostly shit on.

I make my feelings known. And that's good enough for me.

When somebody says something brash and bold, (easily impressed) people are drawn to it.

The threads about Conor were justified though, he was a two weight champ when he entered the UFC. Not to mention he wasn't talking too much shit right off the bat. Perry is just a bum with a bunch of retarded trolls for fans, and has never held or ever will hold a belt worth mentioning.

Any one who comes to the ufc and starts to talk shit, gets immediately 20 threads a day, it happend with Connor and now this Mike Perry kid. I guess you're mouth pay the bills. That's exactly what moose said, is that part of the game so important to you?
Speaking of making money with your mouth, how'd you like to make a quick $20?

Entertainment factor. Get people to either love you or hate you, and they will talk about you.
the majority will yes but to be honest, anyone the ufc stands behind i refuse. the sensationalism gets on my nerves and it removes the logic of ranked matchmaking so they can protect their little prizes.
the promotion of these fighters is for fair-weather fans and i just find it irritating.
also, because i don't stand behind these fighters doesn't mean i rant about them negatively everyday promoting them negatively.

the majority will yes but to be honest, anyone the ufc stands behind i refuse. the sensationalism gets on my nerves and it removes the logic of ranked matchmaking so they can protect their little prizes.
the promotion of these fighters is for fair-weather fans and i just find it irritating.
also, because i don't stand behind these fighters doesn't mean i rant about them negatively everyday promoting them negatively.

Have to remember, they are running a business as well to make money.

I'm actually the other way. I can't stand trash talking. I want to watch men fight, not act like 12 year olds.

Plenty of guys had a great career without resorting to trash talking.

because most people on here are obnoxious little wanna-be trashtalkers themselves. you have too much faith in the human race.

It's more than just trash talk, though. There's plenty of fighters who talk trash and are generally disliked - DC has been talking more trash than ever, and his popularity around here is at an all time low.

People like charisma, not trash talk. If you're good at delivering the trash talk and mix in some charisma, that's how people will start to care. Otherwise, you're just another loud mouth trying to replicate Conor McGregor.

I'm getting bored of this stuff actually. With all the McGregor threads, fake Perry shit, and this Garbtandt TJ shit, I wonder why I come here anymore

Back