UFC: old legends tournament

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How much would the old guys ask and can UFC make some money out of it?

For example at lightweight-welterweight:

BJ Penn vs Clay Guida
Gray Maynard vs Diego Sanchez
Jake Shields vs Yushin Okami
Jon Fitch vs Gilbert Melendez

Other than Penn, these are "old legends"?

Belfort vs machida make it happen!

If they got paid any more than I'd pay to see it...The UFC is losing money.

I'd love to see someone do it. I have no interest seeing UFC make money off them though

I'd love to see someone do it. I have no interest seeing UFC make money off them though
While I agree with the sentiment, would you really feel better if they were exploited by Bellator instead? If a "legends" tournament ever happened, the "legends" would get the shit end of the stick regardless of who the puppet master is.

While I agree with the sentiment, would you really feel better if they were exploited by Bellator instead? If a "legends" tournament ever happened, the "legends" would get the shit end of the stick regardless of who the puppet master is.
No, I should have gone on to say or Bellator or anyone else.

I'd love to see these guys do a grappling tournament, or if it is MMA then under an independent header of some kind

No, I should have gone on to say or Bellator or anyone else.

I'd love to see these guys do a grappling tournament, or if it is MMA then under an independent header of some kind
Chael is trying to get his grappling thing going. Maybe he starts a MMA promotion? Chael is a shady motherfucker, but I think he'd at least pay the fighters what they're worth.

Chael is trying to get his grappling thing going. Maybe he starts a MMA promotion? Chael is a shady motherfucker, but I think he'd at least pay the fighters what they're worth.
Both Metamoris and WSOF seem to have had the right idea, but they have struggled to garner enough interest.
Ray Sefo and Ralek Gracie are great names but they do not have the following someone like Chael Sonnen does.
And as much as I think he is a fucking tool, it's a guy like him or Randy that could pull it off.

I'm wondering if anyone cares enough any more about starting a decent new MMA promotion

Both Metamoris and WSOF seem to have had the right idea, but they have struggled to garner enough interest.
Ray Sefo and Ralek Gracie are great names but they do not have the following someone like Chael Sonnen does.
And as much as I think he is a fucking tool, it's a guy like him or Randy that could pull it off.

I'm wondering if anyone cares enough any more about starting a decent new MMA promotion
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Chael at all (I'm a Silva fan so...) but while I wouldn't trust his word any more than Dana's word, I don't think he's the kind of greedy guy who's gonna fuck over fellow fighters.

Also, Metamoris was pretty cool when it started, but I haven't heard anything for a while. What happened?

How much would the old guys ask and can UFC make some money out of it?

For example at lightweight-welterweight:

BJ Penn vs Clay Guida
Gray Maynard vs Diego Sanchez
Jake Shields vs Yushin Okami
Jon Fitch vs Gilbert Melendez
I got ya are you eady for this.

Chuck Liddell vs Forrest Griffin
Rich Franklin vs Tito Ortiz
Anderson Silva vs Quintin Jackson
Randy Cotour vs Wanderlei Silva

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Chael at all (I'm a Silva fan so...) but while I wouldn't trust his word any more than Dana's word, I don't think he's the kind of greedy guy who's gonna fuck over fellow fighters.

Also, Metamoris was pretty cool when it started, but I haven't heard anything for a while. What happened?
Last one I watched was Chael vs Babalu, and I think they had one more over last summer and that was it. Not heard a peep since

Didn't he have to plea out to avoid a fraud conviction in a mortgage scam?

Yeah, he's not shady.

I think you'll find I already said that. Thanks for trying. Maybe next time try reading?
You wrote: "he's not the kind of greedy guy who will F over other fighters."

Isn't screwing over families looking to buy a home, or a business partner, or whatever the case was as bad or worse?

Say yes, yes.

You wrote: "he's not the kind of greedy guy who will F over other fighters."

Isn't screwing over families looking to buy a home, or a business partner, or whatever the case was as bad or worse?

Say yes, yes.
So you don't actually know what happened with Chael's case, but you're coming here to tell me about how awful it was.

Again, thanks for trying. Maybe try reading next time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back