In hindsight, it's a good thing Ronda vs. Cyborg never happened

Coolidge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cyborg's ego is out of control as it is, and that's without a single meaningful win in recent history. Imagine how entitled she would've felt had she actually achieved something other than crushing your regular run of the mill soccer mom. Ronda Rousey, for all of her faults, didn't constantly play the victim and complain about how she was being treated. I'm glad it was Holly Holm that ended the Ronda Rousey show and not that entitled steroid using can crusher Cyborg.

I don't like Cyborgs antics and I think they're hurting her more than anyone, but I get why she has a grudge with the UFC. Dana said she looked like Wanderlei Silva and Joe Rogan implied she should cut her dick off to make 135.

I don't blame her for hating them, but she's just hurting herself at this point.

Yet Cyborg is viewed like the best female MMA fighter on the planet.

Hard to get fights when all the girls look for better alternatives if they get a mention of her name.

Also what ?

Ronda Rousey, for all of her faults, didn't constantly play the victim and complain about how she was being treated.

Can you even be treated better then Ronda by the UFC ? from a opportunity, financial, marketing stand point ?

If Cyborg was treated like Ronda, she wouldn't complain either.

Ronda wasn't paid by the UFC to fight for another organization and didn't have them foot the bill for her own nutritionist. The UFC has catered to Cyborg in a way that 99.9% of fighters will never experience. B-b-but Dana said she looked like Wanderlei in a dress. She does.

Cyborg would have KOd Ronda within a minute.

Ronda wasn't paid by the UFC to fight for another organization and didn't have them foot the bill for her own nutritionist. B-b-but Dana said she looked like Wanderlei in a dress. She does.
yeah imagine how Ronda would react if Dana White mocked her looks. LOL

Ronda wasn't paid by the UFC to fight for another organization and didn't have them foot the bill for her own nutritionist. The UFC has catered to Cyborg in a way that 99.9% of fighters will never experience. B-b-but Dana said she looked like Wanderlei in a dress. She does.

UFC didn't had the proper weight class.. but got her locked in on contract on stand by and slowly trying to see if she can go lower.

UFC didn't catered for anyone they do shit in their own best interest and don't you ever forget that.

Some catch weights fights and a division that would have arrived eventually, they need cheap WMMA to satisfy the casual masses and fill the cards.

I think it would've been the biggest fight in WMMA history. Only the Rousey vs Holm rematch was of that magnitude or possibly bigger. Call me crazy but I honestly think it could've done $1.8 million+ buys.

She was the only rival Rousey really had before the Holm fight. Before that there was some beef with Tate but she beat Miesha pretty convincingly twice. Just the mere mention of Cris would bring a lot of vitriol out of Ronda and both of them were consistently finishing fights in dominant fashion.

I have accepted the fact that we'll never get to see that fight but I can't say I'm glad it didn't happen.

images

8691_ex.jpg

images

...Anything but cheap, dude; she's ferocious

UFC didn't had the proper weight class.. but got her locked in on contract on stand by and slowly trying to see if she can go lower.

UFC didn't catered for anyone they do shit in their own best interest and don't you ever forget that.

Some catch weights fights and a division that would have arrived eventually, they need cheap WMMA to satisfy the casual masses and fill the cards.

Cyborg was signed to the organization and promised a fight with Rousey on the condition that she would eventually make 135. That's what she agreed to. Cyborg failed to meet her obligation and the UFC still allowed her to fight for the organization. They could've told her to screw off and rot in Invicta, as I would have. 'would have arrived eventually' There's no reason to believe that. 145 is unpopular and devoid of talent. The UFC would do just fine without it. They're considering adding a woman's Flyweight because there's an actual demand for it.

Bullshit, motherfucker, she is a former bantamweight champ. She choked Holly literally unconscious. She has a real life Rocky story, coming from behind in almost every fight.
Well i guess she was great if you consider her accomplishments. skill wise tho, she wasn't that good imo. That said, the female divisions have evolved quickly in the last years so you could say she'll be looked as a pioneer in the near future.

yeah imagine how Ronda would react if Dana White mocked her looks. LOL

There's more to it than just saying Dana was mocking the way she looks. Dana White was commenting on the fact that she was jacked up on steroids. He was mocking what she'd done to herself, which is perfectly fair.

Well i guess she was great if you consider her accomplishments. skill wise tho, she wasn't that good imo. That said, the female divisions have evolved quickly in the last years so you could say she'll be looked as a pioneer in the near future.

She was the khabib/Hughes of 135

She was the khabib/Hughes of 135
I immediately thought about hughes when i wrote that lol. Hughes was better in comparisson tho, and actually defended the belt 5 times IIRC. I don't really care about khabib tbh, he isn't even a champ. boring russian fucker.

Back