The hate towards Conor and Bisping for not fighting contenders is unjustified

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
All fighters want a money fight once they become champ, whether they are vocal about it, or not. How many times have we seen new champs call out guys in other weight classes? The only difference is that McGregor and Bisping have actually been given these opportunities. Of course, McGregor is going to go after Floyd. He's going to make 75 million for crying out loud.

Obviously, as MMA fans it means that we don't get to see the fights that we want. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing both guys fighting the top contenders in their divisions but I can't blame either of them for going after the big money fights.

I blame the UFC for letting this situation get out of control, in the first place.

Last edited:
Bisping is going for his second money fight in a row, and that's unacceptable.

vztc6Bw.gif

But if that's the direction the UFC wants to go in than does Bisping really have a choice? If the matchmakers told Bisping to fight Yoel, I believe he would do it. After all, he's been taking on tough competition for the majority of his UFC career.

I'm not upset at a man for wanting to earn money.

I'm upset that their employer doesn't have protocols in place for determining who challenges the champ, and when.

Like, wtf, UFC. Does the UFC want to be a sport or a side show attraction? Well that's just about settled now...

giphy.gif

I'm not upset at a man for wanting to earn money.

I'm upset that their employer doesn't have protocols in place for determining who challenges the champ, and when.

Like, wtf, UFC.
Yes, exactly.

Pretty much. This isn't 2001. These fighters are not looking to "save" MMA, and do what it's best for it's growth. It's here. They're gonna butt fucked, or butt fuck somebody.

Fighters asked for the fights. UFC made these fights.

But if that's the direction the UFC wants to go in than does Bisping really have a choice? If the matchmakers told Bisping to fight Yoel, I believe he would do it. After all, he's been taking on tough competition for the majority of his UFC career.
He has, right until winning the belt.

"than does Bisping really have a choice?"

ure joking..right?...

But when Woodley wanted to defend his title against gsp, he was hated.

People hate on Bisping because he talks shit about all the contenders, saying they don't deserve it, to get more wins, calling them cheaters. He's basically a cunt, so that's why he gets hated on.

At least Bisping's putting his title on the line, even if it's not against the top contenders.

There's no excuse for Conor ducking all contenders in two weight classes though.

In the Immortal words of Fred Durst TS be

TROLLIN TROLLIN TROLLIN TROLLIN (what)

People hate on Bisping because he talks shit about all the contenders, saying they don't deserve it, to get more wins, calling them cheaters. He's basically a cunt, so that's why he gets hated on.

I don't think TS is suggesting Bisping and Conor should not be hated.

But in the context of being hated for taking these fights, EVERYONE IN MMA wants the GSP and Mayweather fight. I think it's hard to hate on Ping or Conor for asking, and getting them.

Back