If Stipe Loses to JDS Again Does That Make Him 2nd Tier?

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If he loses does that make him good but not great? He hasn't beaten Cain or JDS yet. His win over Werdum was impressive but Werdum beat a altitude Cain not the real deal. Reem has lost to a ton of people so this is a good win but nothing special. Stipe really needs to beat JDS to make him a true top tier HW.

Stipe would still be great as far as HW division go. he never impressed me and I don't see any reason why the second fight should be too different than the first. JDS is a beast too.

This is Sherdog. You know how it works around here. If Stipe loses to JDS in the rematch he was never good, was always overrated and his entire fight history is full of nothing but wins over absolute cans. Worst HW champion in all of UFC history.

If he loses does that make him good but not great? He hasn't beaten Cain or JDS yet. His win over Werdum was impressive but Werdum beat a altitude Cain not the real deal. Reem has lost to a ton of people so this is a good win but nothing special. Stipe really needs to beat JDS to make him a true top tier HW.

He's still top tier for HW.

He, JDS, Werdum, Overeem, and Cain are the top dogs for now.

The only one I can see as holding a distinctive advantage over the others, wholesale, is Cain. But after all these injuries, who knows.

This is Sherdog. You know how it works around here. If Stipe loses to JDS in the rematch he was never good, was always overrated and his entire fight history is full of nothing but wins over absolute cans. Worst HW champion in all of UFC history.
I don't feel like Stipe is overrated but I think that loss to JDS is hanging over his head big time

The top tier at HW consists of like 5 or 6 guys, he's one of them.

Last year, he knocked out Overeem, Werdum and Arlovski all in the first round for a combined fight time of just over eight minutes. No matter how someone tries to discredit those wins, that's crazy impressive. I posted this elsewhere, but he knocked out the #4, Champion, and #3 HWs in one year.

I had him as fighter of the year last year, over Cody, Bisping, Conor, and Nunes.

So no, even if he loses to JDS again, he will always be top tier. And if he wins, I think he definitely puts himself in the HW top ten list.

Last year, he knocked out Overeem, Werdum and Arlovski all in the first round for a combined fight time of just over eight minutes. No matter how someone tries to discredit those wins, that's crazy impressive. I posted this elsewhere, but he knocked out the #4, Champion, and #3 HWs in one year.

I had him as fighter of the year last year, over Cody, Bisping, Conor, and Nunes.

So no, even if he loses to JDS again, he will always be top tier. And if he wins, I think he definitely puts himself in the HW top ten list.
I also had Stipe as FOY for 2016

"but Werdum beat a altitude Cain not the real deal."

[sigh]

Back