Daniel Cormier, Kenny Florian agree Al Iaquinta deserved post fight bonus

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Honestly, he did [deserve the bonus],” Cormier said on “UFC Tonight” on Wednesday. “He came back after two years off, he went out there and not only did he beat Diego Sanchez, he smashed him. That first right hand where he measured him and just threw the right hand over the top and hurt him. Then he finished him with that straight right that put him out. Who puts Diego Sanchez out like that with one punch?

“If you think Al Iaquinta’s mad — of course he’s mad! If he got that $50, 000 bonus, he would have doubled his pay. He got $26 [k] and $26 [k], yes he deserved the bonus. He should have gotten it. They should have taken one of those ‘Fight of the Night’ bonuses from Cub [Swanson] and Artem [Lobov] and just given another performance bonus.”

“I think Al deserves it as well,” Florian said. “Being away for that long and coming back and fighting a legend in Diego Sanchez and getting it done early like he did. He looked calm, he looked composed.

“This is a guy I really think could be a star at 155 pounds. Very outspoken, very unfortunate what went down, how he had to insult the UFC and all that but hopefully they can get this thing worked out. Al Iaquinta, we need guys like him and he think he did deserve the bonus.”

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-al-iaquinta-deserved-post-fight-bonus-042617

well

HjQAo.gif

No he didn't deserve it as Mike Perry had the best KO performance of the night.

It was a great finish. But not one of the best fights of the night.

I would give Osp a bonus before I gave him one

I agree with what they said.Artem didnt deserve a bonus for being Cubs punching bag.

Both Perry and Moreno had more remarkable finishes, and even though they're called "performance of the night" bonuses, they still follow the spirit of the old knock out and submission of the night bonuses; which is to say that while Al's performance may have been a better one, he didn't land the KO of the year so far like Perry, or turn a fight he was decidedly losing around and strangle his opponent like Moreno. Also, it's very, very rare they forego the fight of the night bonus for extra PotN bonuses; I think it's only happened once or twice if I'm remembering correctly.

That's certainly not to say Al didn't deserve one, because of course he did, but not moreso than the two guys who received PotN bonuses.

It's like the guy doesn't even realize other fights happened.

Al is a big cry-baby, but I would not have screamed if he got some extra cheese for starching Diego like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they purposely withheld his bonus just to see how he'd react.

Florian went both ways.

He also went on to say it was the best elbow ever, second only to Anderson's over Frykland, making it the best elbow in the UFC.

How does that not get the bonus?

I think all finishers should get a bonus anyway. Al does have reason to be mad, but can't buy it was better than Perry's.

so did Lauzon and Stevie Ray.... you dont hear them crying about it

Back