Conor McGregor Hitting Mitts

For boxing standards, clearly above the rest in MMA.

Might be the best standup fighter in mma history. That front push kick is on Anderson's level distance judgement.

WOW, Conor is hitting mitts everyone, let's make a thread. This guy is just awesome the way he can actually hit the mitts. Afuginmazing.

From a pure boxing stand point he looks... below average. Walk into any gym and see the amateurs and they make him look like a five year old playing with a blow up bag. His hands have no pop or weight with boxing gloves and he telegraphs his punches from a mile away not to mention how he leaves his hands hanging after a feint. If it were me about 5 years ago I woulda liquefied his ribs inside of 3. Then again I'm not a manlet.

From a pure boxing stand point he looks... below average. Walk into any gym and see the amateurs and they make him look like a five year old playing with a blow up bag. His hands have no pop or weight with boxing gloves and he telegraphs his punches from a mile away not to mention how he leaves his hands hanging after a feint. If it were me about 5 years ago I woulda liquefied his ribs inside of 3. Then again I'm not a manlet.

Man, Floyd is even worse! Walk into any gym and see the amateurs and they make him look like a five year old playing with a blow up bag. Look at those pitter patter punches! And see how he leaves his hands hanging! Jesus, he'd be so easy to hit. If it were me 5 years ago I woulda liquefied his ribs inside of 3.

WOW, Conor is hitting mitts everyone, let's make a thread. This guy is just awesome the way he can actually hit the mitts. Afuginmazing.

Hes pretty good at hitting people too. Crazy eh?

aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight-gif-2.gif

img]

Any average boxer will beat his jabroni ass every day of the week.

one thing i've noticed is that he tends to put his hands way open and not close to the chin. any boxer will capitalize that and not everything is distance management and reach which were the key to his success in mma; if someone (IMO Ferguson) can nullify his reach, countering and distance management he's done no to mention his lack of cardio and wrestling.

Man, Floyd is even worse! Walk into any gym and see the amateurs and they make him look like a five year old playing with a blow up bag. Look at those pitter patter punches! And see how he leaves his hands hanging! Jesus, he'd be so easy to hit. If it were me 5 years ago I woulda liquefied his ribs inside of 3.

I'm not sure what your point is. Those two training techniques are for completely different purposes. Conors working on his combinations, while Floyd is working on his hand eye coordination...

Hes pretty good at hitting people too. Crazy eh?

aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight-gif-2.gif

img]

push-pull counter and huge reach; as long his opponent has a reach disadvantage and can't disrupt the counter offense irish jabroni will win.

looks sharp. even if he was a good pro, floyd still has to be favored.

Back