Weighing the Awful: UFC Star Mike Perry Is Problematic but Also Electrifying

Jehannum

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ke-perry-is-problematic-but-also-electrifying

As a human being, Perry is an anathema, rightly shunned by decent folks. As the purveyor of violence inside a steel cage, however, he's exactly what I want to see. That's a thought that troubles me.

Then again, in some ways, Perry's colossal ignorance makes him the perfect proxy for his sport. Other fighters disguise MMA's inherent ugliness behind a facade of sportsmanship and the architecture of athletics. Perry, with his utter lack of moral decency, lays it all bare. His job is to bludgeon, strangle or twist another man's body until a representative of the state tells him he has to stop.

And he's good at it.

4WFVuUb.gif

I can't believe it...these scumbags have only just come down off their soapbox regarding Mike Perry (here) and they're already back up there. They must feel they've found a ch!nk in the UFC's armour and they're gonna exploit it as much as possible as part of their agenda against "the machine"

It's a long read and Jonathan Snowden (a smeghead) is just blowing smoke up Mike's ass while posting everything he can find that suggests Mike is a racist homophobic piece of shit. Milking the blackface thing when all he did was put on a black hockey mask is stupid.

I thought bleacher report used to be a credible site, what the hell happened?

A stain to the sport. Put him up against another model so he could get beat up again.

Why do people keep linking bleacher report. Literally any can can make an article there

Tmz is a more credible source for mma news than the bleacher report.

Try as they might, nothing stops the PLATINUM EXPRESS

I hope these idiots don't mess up Mike's career by continuing with this garbage.

Why are all these articles being written about how bad he is for the sport. My paranoid side is beginning to think it's deceptive marketing of him as the bad guy bad ass.

He's an asshole and he's a professional fighter. None of this is a first. Like wtf?

I'm a fan of fighting, IDK what an anathema is.

Without being arsed to look up the actual definition , it's something that someone finds terrible or awful . E.g. taking a bath is anathema to huckleberry finn. I don't think it's being used properly in that article but I'm not a writer so I could be wrong .

Mike Perry? UFC star?

{<jordan}

Despite Mike Perry's closeted gay train on this forum,

Nobody outside the hardcore circles knows who he is.

Without being arsed to look up the actual definition , it's something that someone finds terrible or awful . E.g. taking a bath is anathema to huckleberry finn. I don't think it's being used properly in that article but I'm not a writer so I could be wrong .
cool, thanks. I did look it up after reading...

SJWs are using b/r report as a way to take over all sports and now mma is at that point. He's had some trouble in the past but was never a woman beater or anything. He is making the most of his 2nd chance in life and hasn't done anything to have that taken away from him.

Why do people keep linking bleacher report. Literally any can can make an article there
I get that they aren't worth linking and giving them clicks is like giving them my money, but I don't want these shits to create something that forces the UFC to cut Mike Perry. If anyone else says something racist they will be after Mike each time too regardless of whether he's connected or not

cool, thanks. I did look it up after reading...
And you couldn't edit your post asshole? Lol jk

I wasn't trying to come across like an ass either, it's a word I learned recently and I was killing time while on the bus

Edit: I just reread my post. I meant I couldn't be arsed to look it up and that's why I didn't give an actual definition. Didn't mean you couldn't be arsed to do it.

And you couldn't edit your post asshole? Lol jk

I wasn't trying to come across like an ass either, it's a word I learned recently and I was killing time while on the bus
I was trying to beat the article with my ignorance

Back